EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Bowling Brooch and Friend!! Revisited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Bowling Brooch and Friend!! Revisited!!

I just got this tinnie in and wanted to revisit the subject. Theres been opinions that the brooch is not German but 1920`s American and the swastika is just a good luck piece. Has anyone seen another brooch like this before and if so, did it have the pin setup like the one to the reverse of this brooch. The brooch is made of what seems to be german silver and has the correct pin setup as would be found on most German tinnies. Opinions would be appreciate as would any pictures of German bowling medals and badges. Thanks
    Attached Files

Never seen another besides yours and i've been watching anc collecting brooches for a long time. Not that that says anything as we see and learn almost new things everyday. The pin setup appears original. I've seen many strange pins, the one here is obviously cut to make it fit on the design. Is the swas added or the brooch American, hmmmz, both could be.

It could also be helpfull to examine the swas and the rest of the brooch under a microscope and compare the patina's.

Comment

1936 Keglers pin from the 1936 World's Tournament......

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

From their parade....

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Brooch

Jabnus, thank you for you input. Its a great idea. I do have limited access to a microscope but I wii get on that and Ron, thanks for the great pictures!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X