MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler Jugend Gebiet Wien 27 Sommerlager 1943 Tinnie SS Connection??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Jugend Gebiet Wien 27 Sommerlager 1943 Tinnie SS Connection??

Folks, I had posted this tinnie in a previous thread and after doing some research on it came across something interesting tha I hope someone can help me with. It seems in 1942 military fitness camps were formed for HJ boys between the ages of 14-18 to specialize in military training. Several of these camps were run by the SS. I believe this tinnie is from one of those camps, but not positive. I believe it to be a motorized camp, SS Kraftfahrerschule Schonbrunn, Wien. Does anyone have any info to help back this? Thanks for any help!!
    Attached Files

http://www.axishistory.com//italy/18...ungslagern-wel

Comment

tinnie

Thanks for the info but already have this!!

Comment

tinnie

Anyone?

Comment

tinnie

juoneen,
          This was the first info that I ran across that started my search. Thanks again!!

Comment

tinnie

Any HJ experts out there who might have more info on this?

Comment

tinnie

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
              Any HJ experts out there who might have more info on this?
              Folks,
              Since posting this tinnie I`ve found very limited info on this tinnie. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I`m possibly going to be selling it in the future and would like to know what I have so I can formulate a fair asking price. Thanks.

Comment

I am a collector of Hitler Youth items but have never ran across this kind before.
                I must admit I cannot find anything on it in any of my books. I will be on the look out for you, if I find anything I will let you know.

Comment

Tinnie

Originally posted by Kyle B View Post
                  I am a collector of Hitler Youth items but have never ran across this kind before.
                  I must admit I cannot find anything on it in any of my books. I will be on the look out for you, if I find anything I will let you know.
                  Thanks Kyle. Its got me stumped as well.

Comment

Nice tinnie!

Here´s mine for comparison
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Aeneas; 06-15-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
                      It seems in 1942 military fitness camps were formed for HJ boys between the ages of 14-18 to specialize in military training. Several of these camps were run by the SS. I believe this tinnie is from one of those camps, but not positive. I believe it to be a motorized camp, SS Kraftfahrerschule Schonbrunn, Wien
                      The tinnie has nothing to do with the SS or the Wehrertüchtigungslager. It's a summer camp tinnie (here is the 1940 version). The Wehrertüchtigungslager were something else entirely. Summer camps were still being held in 1944 in some areas but whether HJ Gebiet Wien held one in 1943 would need to be established.

THIS is classic dealer tomfoolery. Make the item seem more important/sinister than it actually is by creating a connection that otherwise simply isn't there.
                      Last edited by Garry M.; 06-16-2015, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I know this.

My intention was only to show my tinnie what is 100% original for comparison.

This is not a common item you will find on every street corner, so I thought it could be useful to see another one.
                        Last edited by Aeneas; 06-16-2015, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeneas View Post
                          I know this.

My intention was only to show my tinnie what is 100% original for comparison.
                          I wasn't commenting on your tinnie. I was responding to Chris Lee's question in post #1. That's why I included the quote...

Do you have info showing that HJ Gebiet Wien did indeed hold a Sommerlager in 1943? That would be useful.
                          Last edited by Garry M.; 06-16-2015, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood it.

It´s hard to find any information or pics of this tinnie - so I was happy to see it here on WAF.

The HJ Forum is a nice addition, and I´m registered there as well.

But not all members are there, so it´s easier to show it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry M. View Post

Do you have info showing that HJ Gebiet Wien did indeed hold a Sommerlager in 1943? That would be useful.
                              Maybe in the near future, I´ve found the tinnie yesterday at a household clearance togehter with other collectors stuff (WHW-tinnies, Postcards, etc)

I´m not finish there and so I hope to find documents as well.

At the moment the situation is not clear because of missing documents.

In the household I´ve found items of 3 different people who was involved in the German/Austrian History.

We will see
                              Last edited by Aeneas; 06-16-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X