Militar Verwaltung badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Militar Verwaltung badges

Here are a couple that just came in- these are rare badges that you hardly ever see posted. The large badge is of particular interest as it is the first I have seen of solid back manufacture. As far as I am aware a previously unseen variant. Hope you like them
    Attached Files

////
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Well I do like the first one but I don't like the solid back version.

Stan

Comment

Im with Stan on this. Why a different way of construction of a low number? It makes no sense as a regular production and award, and could as such with a number under thousand not exist i think.

Not seeking for any ways to try and legitimize this badge, but the only scenario i could think of is a lost badge that was replaced at a later date, but then again why not use an existing hollow badge instead of creating something completely new? I don't like it either.

Comment

I don't post often anymore, but was just perusing and wanted to add; I have the same solid backed badge, bought about 20 years ago. Number 948. Also "frankreich"

Comment

Sorry, but I still don't like it.

Stan

Comment

I'm not a fan of the solid back either, i notice the first badge has a round pin attachment plate that could be considered a 'variant' in its own right and interesting as this is not usually seen on the "Norway" version- or is the rectangular pin attachment plate the variant? .
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's yet another setup:
                Attached Files

Comment

I have no particular knowledge in this area, but it appears that perhaps the smaller of the Frankreich versions has the round pin attachment, while the larger version has the rectangular pin attachment....

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

The "Frankreich" & "Norwegen" badges seem to be made by different manufacturers as they are completely different. Each has a unique eagle & pin attachment. One would think that if they were made by the same maker, they would at least have the same eagle. I wonder why different manufacturers were used to make these badges.....

Comment

Thank-you Ron, I had forgotten about the two different sizes, my apologies, maybe they were the same manufacturer after all- they just look different due to the size difference - great badges by the way Ron, thanks for posting.

Best Regards,
                      Michael

Comment

That's interesting news of another solid back badge- note how close the serial numbers are also- would you have any pics you could post?
                        Having had this badge in hand IMO it is 100% period and authentic.- there is still stuff to learn about these badges.

I think the key in understanding 'variants' lies in the serial numbers. On the small size Belgien und N. Frankreich badges the ones with round plate appear to be the lower award numbers whilst the higher numbers have the more traditional pin. Attached is another with higher award number.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                          That's interesting news of another solid back badge- note how close the serial numbers are also- would you have any pics you could post?
                          Having had this badge in hand IMO it is 100% period and authentic.- there is still stuff to learn about these badges.

I think the key in understanding 'variants' lies in the serial numbers. On the small size Belgien und N. Frankreich badges the ones with round plate appear to be the lower award numbers whilst the higher numbers have the more traditional pin. Attached is another with higher award number.
                          While I defer to the experts here, I have to say it does seem authentic in hand. But hey, learn something new every day.

I have some pics, but for some reason am not allowed to attach them here.

Patrick, if you PM me an email addy, I'd be happy to send them and you can post them for comparison if you'd like.

Comment

verwaltung

Here are some pictures of the one in my collection

Koen
                            Attached Files

Comment

Would love to see one of these in wear...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X