• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Gausieger 1944...Real or Fake?

Im offered too buy this badge,
    but i dont know if its a "good" one.

I have read some threads about this badge on this forum,
    but Im a beginner at this and gets little unsure about this one.

Opinions?
    Attached Files

Hello,

you can save your money - it´s a good copy.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

yeh a copy and to be honest a poor one compared to some of the fakes for this badge

Comment

Ok, thank you!

I save my money instead

Comment

But wait.. Are all aspects of it fake? The pin, catch and maker? The paint looks bad, but this a late war piece. Is it possible that it was painted once, then again recently? I'm curious about it, but I wouldn't spend more than fake-money on it. $20 or so. That pin and maker seem interesting though.. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by stuart a. View Post
            yeh a copy and to be honest a poor one compared to some of the fakes for this badge
            Yeah ... what Stuart said ...

Comment

There is no doubt this is a reproduction. The eagle is tell tale on this version.
              Richard V

Comment

Fine, it's bad, but it's compelling for some reason. There are tons of fake enamel examples from 38-40, but I've never seen a late-war fake. At least until this one. The front looks totally wrong, but the rear pin assembly and rarer maker doesn't at least make you wonder? A little?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird939 View Post
                  Fine, it's bad, but it's compelling for some reason. There are tons of fake enamel examples from 38-40, but I've never seen a late-war fake. At least until this one. The front looks totally wrong, but the rear pin assembly and rarer maker doesn't at least make you wonder? A little?
                  Well, check in this section and the political one to see more examples of Gausieger 1944 fakes. There are many examples here and also in the www.hj-research.com forum. This is not a rare case, the fakes are coming to market, each time getting better and better, still, yo can recognize (getting more difficult) the original from the fakes.

There is nothing to wonder, when you see red flags in the piece.

Regards

Heran

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X