hatchet pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hatchet pin

and what of this one? also part of the WHW set?

missing its 'stone'.

This piece is from a set of 8 pieces titled 'Old Germanic Axes'. It was sold during the Winterhilfswerk's National Street/House Collection drive on the 19th & 20th of October 1940.

I have attached a glass 'dia' that was used in movie houses during intermission to advertise the upcoming WHW collection drive. At the same time there would be members from various organizations walking up and down the aisles of the movie house collection/exhorting your 'spare' money!

Chrys
    Attached Files

Comment

A set....

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Looks like your set had a 'baby'!

Comment

interesting stuff. thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hey Ron,

I just noticed that the date on your set up is incorrect! This is not an 'official' Ganzblege...rather it looks like it was put together at a later time. They must have gotten the dates wrong when they put it together.

I have some of these 'non-official' ganz pieces in my collection as well. Some were homemade during the period and a lot have been put together long after.

Chrys

Comment

Sorry but your set is incomplete. If you just look at the corners , it shows all 8 , if you doubt , lay each pin of the correct type and elevation on each of the correct tomahawk(see frame #2 labor corp illustration), and you will notice the two you need to find...then You will have a waycooler display, and betterer. nE?

I think to recopy the illustration in frame #2, and then pin the pins in their proper positions would make a more interesting display in a frame, then color in the DAf cog wheel insignia metallic silver(that is ,if you are really into these pins).

It seems to me, the fake stones are to represent : coral, turquoise, lapis, and shell.
              Last edited by juoneen; 12-21-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Just a quick note on the image that I posted...it is protected by US Federal Copyright Laws as it has been published in our reference book. So I ask that you please do not 'copy' my image for anything other than personal use.

The set that Ron posted is more than complete...it has one extra piece! If you look closely he has all 8 pieces that this set contains. It may be difficult to see them but they are there nonetheless.

A quick side note as it relates the the stones. There are some out there that have semi precious stones in them. I have a few one that has onyx in it. You have to really look on some of these...but most are just plastic as has been already mentioned.

All the best,
                Chrys

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                Sorry but your set is incomplete. If you just look at the corners , it shows all 8 , if you doubt , lay each pin of the correct type and elevation on each of the correct tomahawk(see frame #2 labor corp illustration), and you will notice the two you need to find...then You will have a waycooler display, and betterer. nE?

I think to recopy the illustration in frame #2, and then pin the pins in their proper positions would make a more interesting display in a frame, then color in the DAf cog wheel insignia metallic silver(that is ,if you are really into these pins).

It seems to me, the fake stones are to represent : coral, turquoise, lapis, and shell.

Comment

Here is an illustration to support that he has all 8 pieces and 1 duplicate.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Chrys, do you have to pay to copyright every photo you publish or are they automatically copyrighted when published? I never quite understood how it was done. thanks Mike

Comment

Hey Mike,

Once the book went through the copyright process all of its contents were protected...at least that is how I understand it. We received a certificate from the copyright office that shows that it is protected. It took quite a bit of time to get it copyrighted too.

It wasn't cheap...but it is well worth it in my opinion.

Chrys

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering how that worked.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X