Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA sports badge bronze, RZM maker

Hi guys,

I recently bought an SA sports with the maker mark RZM M1/100 & couldn't find much info until finding the same maker id on the 'Ruptered duck' website.

RZM motto on the reverse with a makers number of M1/100 for Rudolf Wachtler & Lange of Mittwelda

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...edals/m247.htm

I bought my badge rather cheap - could I have actually came out on top :-) for a change?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Jamie.
    Attached Files

Some more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzrub View Post
      Hi guys,

I recently bought an SA sports with the maker mark RZM M1/100 & couldn't find much info until finding the same maker id on the 'Ruptered duck' website.

RZM motto on the reverse with a makers number of M1/100 for Rudolf Wachtler & Lange of Mittwelda

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...edals/m247.htm

I bought my badge rather cheap - could I have actually came out on top :-) for a change?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Jamie.
      Hi Jamie

The badge is ok - it is an SA Wehrabzeichen type 2 but not Wächtler & Lange, RZM 1/100 = Werner Redo Saarlautern

The rupturedduck price is funny and complete nonsens.
      Of course, the badge is rarer than the Wehrabzeichen type 1 but a price from 80-100$ should be ok.

Greetz Grave

Comment

Hi Jamie,

I must agree with our colleague, Grave, on this piece, including his statement of surprise at the amount Bill Shea offered this badge for! It's a Redo piece, for sure, and rare as compared with the Wehrabzeichen (third issue sport badge series) type 1, which included the inscription: "Eigentum D. Obersten SA Führung" (Property of the SA Supreme Command). Instead of the inscription, this type 2 model only includes the RZM logo and Redo's license number.

For many years I had assumed that the RZM had not been involved with the production of SA Sport Badges since one literally never saw any with the RZM logo. But then, just about ten years ago, RZM-marked badges began to be found on a few dealer's sites, and now we recognize them as the Wehrabzeichen type 2 badge. But my question has always remained: why was the RZM apparently not involved with at least the 2nd Issue series of the sport badge? While the RZM was still getting 'up to speed' when the 1st Issue series of these badges was authorized, the RZM was certainly in full swing by the time the 2nd Issue badges began to be produced. Anyone have any info on this question? Much appreciated,

Br. James

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies and the information- is there a website you can recommend to find out more about these badges???

Comment

sa rzm

i agree with all
            i think very rare with this RZM mark! an very good model in an SA collection!
            nest regards
            patrick

Comment

Originally posted by tranchant View Post
              i agree with all
              i think very rare with this RZM mark! an very good model in an SA collection!
              nest regards
              patrick

not often to find ok - but rare

GG
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X