What is it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it????

Picked this up. I know I’ve seen this before, but for the life of me I can’t recall…Alzheimer’s?#

The back is marked with ENTW.FEC.O.PLACZEK.BERLIN and AUSF.C.E.JUNCKER.BERLIN.

Wehrmachtgefolge Stickpin was worn by civilians who worked in organizations that supported the German Wehrmacht during World War II. This stickpin is about 1-1/2 inch in diameter, and has a fine, dark patina. It features a highly detailed eagle head perched between the letters "W" and "G". Tucked beneath these intials is a tiny swastika. there were different makers for this badge , juncker being one other. They run a couple bills anymore suprisingly.

Comment

Also comes in badge form.............

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

And of course the stickpin.........

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Thank you juoneen!

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
            Wehrmachtgefolge Stickpin was worn by civilians who worked in organizations that supported the German Wehrmacht during World War II. This stickpin is about 1-1/2 inch in diameter, and has a fine, dark patina. It features a highly detailed eagle head perched between the letters "W" and "G". Tucked beneath these intials is a tiny swastika. there were different makers for this badge , juncker being one other. They run a couple bills anymore suprisingly.
            juoneen:
            Your opinion on this stickpin badge as to what it was originally made for, is right on. But I thought that this was a fairly oommon stickpin not even worth a hundred dollars, if even that. Does this badge go fo hundreds of dollars, or "a couple bills?" I own one, and would be overjoyed if it was worth that much. Please advise.
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
              juoneen:
              . Does this badge go fo hundreds of dollars, or "a couple bills?" I own one, and would be overjoyed if it was worth that much. Please advise.
              Gary
              Howdy,

A trusted website with very fair prices has both the stickpin and the badge listed as a group for $140 - And I'm guessing the stickpin is the cheaper of the two..

Will try to update if I find a better source for a "retail' price.

https://www.emedals.com/Pages/Direct...s.aspx?id=7277

Cheers,
              Aaron

Comment

I believe its large badge for females and the stickpin for males, and $140 is over the top on price, perhaps $50-60 the pair, they are fairly common.
                Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X