NSDAP 10year cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP 10year cross

How many variants of the 10 year NSDAP service cross ars there? Is it - 2 piece constuction- 3 piece construction and later one piece stikings in a light alloy? Aluminium or Zinc?

Any Ideas?????

Comment

Raym', According to Angolia's book Führer & Fatherland Political & Civilian awards the 10 year service cross can be found in both single and 2 piece construction where the wreath and national emblem is attached to the front of the cross in a bronze colored alloy.

Comment

Hi, What is one of these NSDAP 10 yr medals worth? one i have the opportunity to purchase is in good condition with slight surface corrosion to the rear but has the original ribbon.
        Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by notned
          Hi, What is one of these NSDAP 10 yr medals worth? one i have the opportunity to purchase is in good condition with slight surface corrosion to the rear but has the original ribbon.
          Thanks for your help!
          Kai Winkler has them on his website for 140 euro.

Comment

I was thinking of buying one myself....the prices in the UK range from £70 to £90 sterling.

Comment

There definitely are also THREE piece construction (very heavy and fat) crosses.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hey thanks guys. The one i am looking at is well, cheap in comparison with spending 140Euro its $200 NZD but i am not sure about it...and cannot post a pic for your appraisal...So you say they are three peice constuction...how is this done and how do you tell?
                Also i wish that Kai winkler had items in categories for each type of item...its a slight pain to search thru the whole of Political items page after page to find a pic and description of this NSDAP award..Hmm....What are your thoughts on this?? and the frustrating fact that its all in german...

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H
                  There definitely are also THREE piece construction (very heavy and fat) crosses.
                  Frank, You are correct there are three piece constructed medals but not in the 10 year grade, they are in the 15 and 25 year grade medals where the wreath portion front and back are attched to the cross. notned, you can tell by looking at the side of the badge as seen in this attached picture it's the same on the reverse.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thankyou jnoble, i have studied the one i am looking at ( only using a pic) and it looks to me as being of one peice construction..So its not good?
                    I have the pic if some-one will post it for me...

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
                      Frank, You are correct there are three piece constructed medals but not in the 10 year grade, they are in the 15 and 25 year grade medals where the wreath portion front and back are attched to the cross. notned, you can tell by looking at the side of the badge as seen in this attached picture it's the same on the reverse.
                      Frank is right - there are also 3-piece 10 year crosses in zinc. I have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                        Frank is right - there are also 3-piece 10 year crosses in zinc. I have one.
                        I think I have one too, I'll check it out tonight and post some scans.

KR
                        Philippe

Comment

Hi Guys,

As promissed 2 profile scans of a 3 piece 10 year NSDAP award. Both obverse and reverse wreath are seperately attached. The medall weighs a wopping 44 grams and that is about the same as a nice tombak Pilot Badge.

KR
                          Philippe
                          Attached Files

Comment

obverse
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the great pics, Phillipe. Can i send you the pic that i have and could you please post it here so it can be evaluated?

Also the one i am looking at seems to be one piece construction, now my question is...which is the more rare and which is the more desirable as far as the collector is concerned??
                              Thankyou for your help...much appreciated!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X