Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Party Badge

Hi Everybody,

I wondered what you also made of this, essentially a party badge but without the lettering.

I'm unsure what the exact significance of this badge was. Perhaps an unofficial piece.

Anyway, I see no reason to doubt it, all enamel looks correct, i.e. impurities in the white etc. Also, the worn finish on the reverse.

This came with the BDM Sports badge seen in another thread. Consequently, I wondered if this had some sort of Austrian significance.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

There's a flaw (seepage) to the enamel:
    Attached Files

Comment

And the reverse:
      Attached Files

Comment

I like it Toby...it does have that foreign pin look to it imo....nice enamel

mike

http://enamelsofwar.homestead.com

Comment

I think these were early pieces. Here is a similar example with a different style of enamel.

Comment

reverse.

Comment

It's a Nazi Party supporter's badge from the 'Verbotzeit' - 1924-25 - when the NSDAP was banned. Some, like this one, had no lettering. Others had the words 'Nun Erst Recht', 'Deutschland Erwache', etc. They came in various sizes, some maker marked (pre-RZM), and all were in tombak. Fakes of these are often RZM marked, and in a silvery alloy. The ones posted are nice originals.
              Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 07-27-2004, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for replying. Interesting to hear that it is from the forbidden years. The first time I've seen one such as this, i.e. totally devoid of any text (Danish Party pin aside).

All the best,
                Toby.

Comment

Just found a stickpin to match Toby's example and thought I'd share it.

Comment

Reverse.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X