Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A really unusual sports badge!

Dear all,

This has me stumped! Does anybody know what it is exactly? It seems to be original. Letters are apparently "VDS"

Attached Files
    Cheers, Frank

reverse
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello Frank ,

This is the Hungarian sports badge as shown in Foreign Legions of the Third Reich page 110 with the heading :

Sports badge of the German Racial Group ( The monogram V.D.S. stands for Volksdeutsche Sportsabzeichen ).

Nice badge

Regards

Grant

Comment

Frank stumped???

Next thing you know we will find out that Frank is a mere mortal like the rest of us!

pseudo-expert

Comment

Frank.

I have one identical to yours. I bought it in Edinburgh about 30 years ago. Apart from the one in David Littlejohn's book, I have never seen another. Congratulations on a very rare badge.

Regards,

Robin.

Comment

Thank you Grant and Robin!

It is not my badge, I was inquiring into this badge for a friend. Does any of you have an idea if this is quite valuable?
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H
              Thank you Grant and Robin!

It is not my badge, I was inquiring into this badge for a friend. Does any of you have an idea if this is quite valuable?
              Frank.
              I think value is difficult.
              This badge is certainly rarer than the Germanic Proficiency Rune, but I do not think it would be in great demand - except for those who have a particular interest in sports badges, or the Volksdeutsche in Hungary.
              As a ballpark figure, I would think about £500/700 Euros - but it could get a lot more if the right buyer was there.
              Regards,
              Robin.

Comment

Thank you Robin. I do not want to make this an indirect sales thread, so anybody interested in this badge can PM me as I think my friend would like to sell it.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X