Pic of rare tinnie being worn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of rare tinnie being worn

Here's a nice studio pic of a rare tinnie being worn. Interesting for a future fly boy to wear. Enjoy!
    -Chuck
    Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:01 PM.

and here's a close-up of the tinnie.

-Chuck
    Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Very nice pic Chuck. I also have a small collection of pictures showing tinnies in wear, you don't find them that often.

Thanks for sharing.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen
        Very nice pic Chuck. I also have a small collection of pictures showing tinnies in wear, you don't find them that often.

Thanks for sharing.

Don
        Yes,
        Great shot! Does anyone have one of these in their collection that they could
        post a pic of?
        .. John

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you guys appreciate rare images. The info I have on this tinnie is that it was created to commerate the Gau level master skiing competition held at Bad-Tolz in Upper Bavaria. Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir ...There's a really good, clear image of it on the home page of thirdreichdepot.com. I'd like to see any images you guys have of rare tinnies being worn.
          -Chuck

Comment

The photo may actually show something even rarer. If you have a look at Kahl's book on the SA, SS, and NSKK you'll find a nearly identical badge listed as the "SA/SS Skiführerabzeichen." Since it seems a little unusual for someone to wear a tinnie in a formal portrait, but perfectly normal for them to wear an award, the award badge seems more likely.

Comment

Interesting....I'll go with your hypothesis. Like you, I thought it unlikely for a soldier to wear a tinnie in a formal portrait. Does anybody have images of this award being worn ? Any other opinions????
              -Chuck

Originally posted by VerKuilen Ager
              The photo may actually show something even rarer. If you have a look at Kahl's book on the SA, SS, and NSKK you'll find a nearly identical badge listed as the "SA/SS Skiführerabzeichen." Since it seems a little unusual for someone to wear a tinnie in a formal portrait, but perfectly normal for them to wear an award, the award badge seems more likely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X