Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this?

Dear firiends,
    Can someone help me to identify this item and give me idea of price.Thanks, Otto
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rendsburg; 07-29-2004, 04:35 PM. Reason: More informations

Well, it's not a Cross of the Wehrmacht. (I don't think it's anything, actually.)
    I'll move it to Political....
    George

Comment

The enamel is 100% OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rendsburg
        The enamel is 100% OK.
        Otto,
        I fear it may be a fantasy piece. Do you have a shot of the back?
        .. John

Comment

Hi John,

There is.

Otto
          Last edited by Rendsburg; 07-18-2004, 03:30 PM. Reason: For better photo

Comment

Originally posted by Rendsburg
            Hi John,

There is.

Otto
            Otto,
            Thanks for your posting.
            .. John

Comment

The pin looks contemporary to the period, it's the same type as used on RAD brooches, single mounted medals etc. The quality also appears very good, could it be some kind of foreign supporter's pin. Anybody any idea what nationality that eagle could represent?

Comment

Could it be a town's symbol? Maybe its a pin for some local Nazi chapter in a German town? Just a guess.

JasonS

Comment

Originally posted by stuntman
                  The pin looks contemporary to the period, it's the same type as used on RAD brooches, single mounted medals etc. The quality also appears very good, could it be some kind of foreign supporter's pin. Anybody any idea what nationality that eagle could represent?
                  Patrick,
                  The eagle looks to be Polish.
                  .. John

Comment

Originally posted by John Bart
                    Patrick,
                    The eagle looks to be Polish.
                    .. John
                    True. Or Tyrolean.

Comment

Hi Vadim, the Tyrolean design was something I was thinking of too, but I think these eagles were usually red?
                      (I visited there back in the 1980's and had a great time)

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade, you are right, I was just thinking in terms of shape.

Comment

Me too. I have got a feeling this will turn out to be a fantasy item

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

You'll find a similar eagle design on the enamel pins for the Bund heimattreuer Schlesier also on the Tannenberg-Bund pin. They can be found in Heering & Hüskens book.

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
                              You'll find a similar eagle design on the enamel pins for the Bund heimattreuer Schlesier also on the Tannenberg-Bund pin. They can be found in Heering & Hüskens book.
                              Similar but neither one is a match. The Silesian eagle requires the crescent and cross emblem on the breast. The Tannenberg eagle employed a swastika with beveled ends on the arms and was always topped with the imperial riband and crown.

This item is also similar to the German Deutscher Offizier-Bund and related Austrian Deutschvölker Offizierbund (not a match because it often employed the non-mobile swastika and always had the riband and crown) and maybe one or two more similar-but-no-cigar items.

Because of its "unknown" nature, the pin, the red eye, and what looks like thin, sub-surface enamel on the eagle I vote with the fantasy crowd.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X