Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Idea?

Good Day Gents.

I picked this up at a sale today in a box of costume jewlery.
    Never seen anything like it before

Is it fantasy or is it something else?

thanks
    Last edited by Chub8916; 08-08-2004, 10:21 PM.

Originally posted by Chub8916
    Good Day Gents.

I picked this up at a yard sale today in a box of costume jewlery.
    Never seen anything like it before

Is it fantasy crap or is it something else?

thanks
    Looks to me like a NSKOV Badge of Merit. Any good costume jewelry in the box??? If the costume jewelry is vintage, chances are the pin is too. At least lo
    gic would dictate. Hope that helps.

R. Burger

Comment

Thank you so much! with your information i have been ablve to find the same exact badge here, i was informed that this is a "Goldenes Ehrenzeichen des NSKOV" in 750 gold. Value ~ 1750 Euro.

http://www.thirdreichmedals.com/pictures/a208.jpg

I dont collect veteran Items, so i will most likely offer it for trade or sale

Thanks

Originally posted by burgerhaus
      Looks to me like a NSKOV Badge of Merit. Any good costume jewelry in the box??? If the costume jewelry is vintage, chances are the pin is too. At least lo
      gic would dictate. Hope that helps.

R. Burger
      Last edited by Chub8916; 07-11-2004, 07:19 AM.

Comment

This is the Ehrenzeichen mit Eichenlaubkranz and it is gilded bronze (don't take my word for it; a jeweler can confirm the content in a flash). Hüsken last catalogued this at DM400, which is probably just about right. I've owned two of these and both had the spring pin and were unmarked, which always seemed odd to me since the lower class ones without the oakleaves are hallmarked.
        Last edited by VerKuilen Ager; 07-14-2004, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i have been in touch with DetleV and have been given his UK office so i can get a COA on this item, I will be offering it for sale.

Thanks

Originally posted by VerKuilen Ager
          This is the Ehrenzeichen mit Eichenlaubkranz and it is gilded bronze (don't take my word for it; a jeweler can confirm the content in a flash). Hüsken last catalogued this at DM400, which is probably just about right. I've owned two of these and both had the spring pin and were unmarked, which always seemed odd to me since the lower class ones without the oakleaves are hallmarked.

Comment

Very nice find!

Comment

nice badge

Hi......this is a very nice 100% original badge......I saw one of identical design in blue and white for sale @ £85 sterling. Best Regards.
              Last edited by Raym'; 07-22-2004, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks,

I just waiting for the COA from DetleV and then its up for sale, its worth a lot more that 85 quid!

Originally posted by Raym'
                Hi......this is a very nice 100% original badge......I saw one of identical design in blue and white for sale @ £85 sterling. Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chub8916
                  Thanks,

I just waiting for the COA from DetleV and then its up for sale, its worth a lot more that 85 quid!
                  The blue and white and red and white ones are a step down on the awards ladder, having no oakleaf surround. Hence the difference in the values.

Comment

I have a one of these with a blue border inside the golden oakleaves surrounding it. If the lower ones did not have the golden oakleaf border what would this be? Can post pic later if requested.

Comment

Here is a quick but poor scan of front
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting! I've owned or seen quite a few of both types but this is the first one with oakleaves that was anything but white. Have never seen a white one without oakleaves either, which seemed to indicate a separation between the two classes. This one upsets the apple cart. If you get a chance, let's see the reverse.

Comment

Reverse-unmarked

What do you think? What about value? Any range? Is it worth contacting Detlev? Thanks for any help. Had this in an old box with items picked up but don't really collect, such as tinnies, political, tokens, etc.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The reverse follows what appears to be a pattern on these: STL logo on the back of the ones without oakleaves and a plain reverse on the higher grade.

Now that I look once again at Angolia's, Littlejohn's, and Hüsken's books it seems I need to pay closer attention to my references. All appear to show two-toned badges with oakleaves (the photos are in black and white but they probably show a blue and white version). I'll stick with the DM400 baseline mentioned before, though these tend to be slow movers because the organization wasn't very sexy and, as this site proves, there are far fewer collectors interested in the political awards.

Comment

Here's another one for comparison.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X