Rare & Unique WHW Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare & Unique WHW Pin

I`ve never seen one like this before. Thought it was kinda cool. It is stamped with the 800 silver mark on the back.
    Attached Files

Whw

Comment

Whw

Came upon this post from awhile ago. Not your all to common WHW item!!

Comment

I agree...not sure what area this belongs too...I am sure that Guy will know though.

I like it!

Chrys

Comment

Hello
          For me this is not by whw think that was made later
          regrads
          Guy

Comment

Certianly interesting, but unless this came in an "unquestionable" vet. lot, I also believe there's a 85% chance this is a "fantasy" pin created from "peices and parts", with "new" engravings, etc......to dupe us as collectors....however, that said...because of the "15%" chance....I'd give it display space ......

The pin is obviously related to "Bowling" (or whatever that European game they play "everywhere" is called)....but the swastika seems crude and contrived....and the engraving & date completely untypical for period pins...IMO

Without a "referance", "unquestional provenance", "documentation", or "a photo of one in wear".....I'd only give it a "slim chance" at best..

Just another opinion....
            John G.
            Mainemilitaria

Comment

I still like it...seems like a lot of work there to make a $20.00 fake. I'd have it in my collection.

Comment

pin

Originally posted by CM Alexander View Post
                I still like it...seems like a lot of work there to make a $20.00 fake. I'd have it in my collection.
                Its actually is a very well made pin and is stamped 800 on the back

Comment

That is why I think it is period.

Comment

The top part looks like the protective cap that screws on to the base of some stickpins. I wouldn't make any link to bowling more likely a Christmas bauble afterall we are talking Winter Hilfe.

Comment

I agree...I don't think it has to do with bowling either. It does look like a bowling pin...but I don't think that is very likely.

Chrys

Comment

Originally posted by CM Alexander View Post
                        I agree...I don't think it has to do with bowling either. It does look like a bowling pin...but I don't think that is very likely.

Chrys
                        VERY nice looking piece. thanks for posting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X