No announcement yet.

Identification ? RM coin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don'ty worry mate, I've never believed in them.....horse & water.
    Regards,
    Pete

Comment

Thank God that there is one believer out there. Ron unfortunately hit me with the "Don't you know who I am" line. Of coarse I do, but it just goes to show that when you know it all you must go back to the very beginning and start again as no one can know it all. I just set out to help collector's who may be dragged in by these fantasy pieces.
      all the best,
      Damien.

Comment

Well said Damien. Thank you.

Comment

Back 15-20 years ago when I was on the World Coin News staff I wrote a short piece on these fantasy tokens. My memory is weak and I no longer have access to my old records with KP but I can still tell you that these are not listed in the standard Pridemore book or the more modern numismatic books on the Channel Islands. I also remember that at least one of these tokens has a German spelling error. I also pointed out that the Germans would not have wasted such valuable war time metals on occupation tokens.

Comment

Sold at the MAX Show! I told him of the on line controversy. The man that bought them told me he knew of the controversy and still believed them correct and bought them from me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X