Unusual Oak Leaf pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Oak Leaf pin

I have had this pin for years, I think I got it in a box of pins from a vet buy years ago. Any ideas. It is very hard to see but it is marked on the front at the clutch of the leaves. S.C.V. The letters are not together more like.

S. C.
    V.
    Attached Files

rear

Rear view, I have always assumed it was German.

Dan H
    Attached Files

Comment

I saw this before but can't remember were. Imo it is indeed German.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Isn't this a Freikorps symbol?

T

Comment

Letters

I wonder is the S. C. V. has meaning or just a makers mark?
          Dan

Comment

Dear Dan,

As you titled this thread, this is indeed an "unusual oakleaf pin!" We recognize the motif as representative of an SA or NSKK Gruppenführer's collar tab rank insignia, finely-struck in brass, but it is the pin that throws me off! This piece was obviously not made to be applied to a collar tab but to be worn as-is as a lapel pin or perhaps a brooch. I wonder if it might have been custom-made as a piece of jewelry that a Gruppenführer would have given his wife as a present, indicating that her husband held that rank? Polished up, it must have looked spectacular -- though I am NOT suggesting that you get out the brass cleaner and duplicate that effort now! Quite a beautiful piece, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Br. James

Comment

Different design than rank insignia. More likely Tyrolean or some Alpenverein or mountain hiking hat badge for the Alpenhutte. Looks similar to the Wehrmacht Jaeger insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                Different design than rank insignia. More likely Tyrolean or some Alpenverein or mountain hiking hat badge for the Alpenhutte. Looks similar to the Wehrmacht Jaeger insignia.
                Yes! I highly doubt that this pin has any political/SA etc rank connection.

I have seen them before, but i don't remember where.

Comment

Oak leaf pin.

Thanks forvthe comments. Even it's not political, I like the pin. Maybe its some kind of "sweetheart" pin.
                  Dan H

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X