This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

Hello everyone. I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. I'm fairly new to Third Reich collecting and have developed a great appreciation for NSDAP party badges. I've looked through most of this thread and was looking for reference material. I read about the 2 books that are out there. I see there was a book by Jo Rivett that I would like to find. I see Jo was expelled so I don't know how to get ahold of him. Can anyone tell me if this book is worth it? And if so where can I find one? I've searched online and haven't seen anything. If it's not a good book...where should I start - I did see that one called NSDAP Enamel as well.

Thanks in advance.

Rob F.

Comment

Spent a whole night reading through this very very long thread because of my deep love for party badges. It is an awesome learning resource but I would love to buy 90% of the early pre rzm and transitional badges that were identified as fakes in the early pages of this thread. Any variation on fonts (both front and reverse) or variations of markings ie: m1. versus m1/ were identified as bad. Maybe it's because this was earlier before more was known about the myriad variations of badges made by the same maker over the course of the third reich, but some members spoke at length with "authority" about early badges with lots of character being repros and fakes. Anyone from this thread that had a badge called fake that was not an M1/129 coffin pin badge, please contact me if you'd like to sell. These "ugly", off centered, crooked font having badges with incorrect rzm marks (no such thing) are my absolute favorites. I would trade two standardized m1/ badges for every one of these ugly ducklings. Thanks for everyone who took the time to post photos here over the years, those are very helpful. This thread is the only place I've seen an M1/52 Deschler, that's a real unicorn.

Comment

Might be a fake NSDAP membership badge ?

Hi guys, I'm not an expert of NSDAP party badges, but I would appreciate some help, to confirm my thoughts.

This week-end, I bought few German items as a lot, but was a little scared about a early party badge, marked GES.GESCH. The seller did not want to discard this badge from the lot, so even if it would be a fake, this sale was worth the price.
        So I concluded the deal...In fact, I did not pay a penny for this badge...

I think it's a repro, I've done some research, but did not find any identical one yet.
        I never came acrosse this type, with a really thin back pin, like this one. The pin was already broken when I got it.

Thanks for your help and your comments are welcome !

https://ibb.co/GQFjrwj

https://ibb.co/hBkJbjk

https://ibb.co/zf2sytB

Comment

Originally posted by vpsm12 View Post
          Hi guys, I'm not an expert of NSDAP party badges, but I would appreciate some help, to confirm my thoughts.

This week-end, I bought few German items as a lot, but was a little scared about a early party badge, marked GES.GESCH. The seller did not want to discard this badge from the lot, so even if it would be a fake, this sale was worth the price.
          So I concluded the deal...In fact, I did not pay a penny for this badge...

I think it's a repro, I've done some research, but did not find any identical one yet.
          I never came acrosse this type, with a really thin back pin, like this one. The pin was already broken when I got it.

Thanks for your help and your comments are welcome !
          Definitely all original, nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by slados28 View Post
            Definitely all original, nothing to worry about.
            Thanks slados for your input. Those badges that I came across had usually a strong back pin, but mine is really thin, the size of a syringe needle ? Is this common ?

Thanks !

Comment

As Slados said, definitely original and actually better than your common ones IMO other than the broken pin. I love the early ones.

Comment

Originally posted by vpsm12 View Post
                Thanks slados for your input. Those badges that I came across had usually a strong back pin, but mine is really thin, the size of a syringe needle ? Is this common ?

Thanks !
                I can only comment on what I'm seeing in these photos and it all appears as it should for a typical early period badge, thickness of the broken pin looks alright also.

Comment

Thanks Eric and Slados for your help, it's really appreciated !!!

Comment

Originally posted by slados28 View Post
                    definitely all original, nothing to worry about.

+1

Comment

радикал
                      radical

Comment

Beco = Boerger & Co
                        Attached Files

Comment

Karl Pfohl, Pforzheim
                          Attached Files

Comment

NSDAP pin authentic?

hey guys, any input on this one? Got it from ESPENLAUB. I love it but would just like some input.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A weird looking bugger but I like it.

Regards, Wim
                              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by healer View Post
                                hey guys, any input on this one? Got it from ESPENLAUB. I love it but would just like some input.
                                Looks like an earlier small badge. How wide is it?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X