Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Unknown and Very Unusual NSV Badge Please

Guys,
    I just picked this piece up a short while ago. I`ve never seen anything like it before and find it very interesting. Anyone know what it is or seen one like it before? Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

pin

pin
    Attached Files

Comment

pin

pin
      Attached Files

Comment

Nsv

:d

Comment

I've never seen it, but it looks like a converted badge re-used for some other NSV purpose. There is something from its previous life under the brass roundel. I flipped the image, but all I can read is:

"...ERT AUCH IM KARNT..."
          "1934/35"

Can you read the rest of it under the pin ends?

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
            I've never seen it, but it looks like a converted badge re-used for some other NSV purpose. There is something from its previous life under the brass roundel. I flipped the image, but all I can read is:

"...ERT AUCH IM KARNT..."
            "1934/35"

Can you read the rest of it under the pin ends?
            Last word reads "KARNEVAL" for sure, I believe it's "OPFERT AUCH IM KARNEVAL" = keep donating during carneval.
            Last edited by der-hase-fee; 06-19-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

So it is a re-used "Fasching" (German Mardi Gras) badge? It probably had a different centre, and was re-badged out of old stock for the NSV as some sort of unofficial badge with the addition of an NSV roundel. Looks period done to me.

Comment

Badge.

I`ve been trying to find another badge like this. Has anyone seen one like this and if so, where? Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

It doesn't makes much sense to see a breaststar like this? In my opinion if a NSV breaststar ever did exist it would have been an item of it's own, not a re-used karnavals orden? A breastsar is always prestigious and re-using a karnavalsorden for a prestigious item seems devaluating the purpose to me? Of course i can be wrong and this is just my first thought

Literally the first googlesearch with searchterm "NSV 1935" gave another one which was called: RARE-ORIGINAL-1935-GERMAN-NSV-WHW-OFFICIALS-BADGE

That name doesn't make any sense to me? If it were such an items then why use a karnavalsorden for it? There was not exactly a shortage to metals for badges and awards in 1934/35?

best regards,
                  Gaston

EDIT: im at work with an old monitor, but after seeing them together it appears to be the same badge? Did you gave it this name (rare Original officials badge???), or did somone else do that?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jabnus; 05-18-2015, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Following the link i found this on, i see you have it for sale on ebay now for 200 dollar with the following description:

This is a rare NSV/WHW Carnival Officials Badge. Carnivals were festivals held by different groups of the NSDAP to raise money. In this case, it was a womens organization, the NSV, helping to raise money for the WHW which was the welfare org. This badge is in very good condition and is nicely marked to the reverse.
                    Link: CLICKME

This is not a nice thing to do, you advertise something you have no clue about as original, and advertise it with a totally nonsense desription to fraud unsuspecting buyers.

Since when is karnaval a by NSDAP organised festival????

The worst thing is you constantly present yourself as an advanced collector, and know very well the above is a lie.

Buyers beware!!!

Comment

Better pics from Ebay:
                      Attached Files

Comment

For future reference:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Maybe it was bought by someone else from the eStand here, and now offered by them on eBay, as it was offered for sale for $75.- on this thread..

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=Tinnies

Comment

Im pretty sure i remember this Ebay name to be Chris Lee's from past sales. It has also not been mentioned as sold by Chris on the E-stand the past 6 days and appears to be already a few days on Ebay?

Comment

Badge,

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                              Maybe it was bought by someone else from the eStand here, and now offered by them on eBay, as it was offered for sale for $75.- on this thread..

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=Tinnies
                              Jo,
                              No, that is my badge. I have it up on Ebay with a buy it now or best offer. It was for sale for $75.00 on Estand as a group price as I always try to give a good price to fellow members. As far as description goes, if Gaston had done more research then shooting off his big mouth, he would have found out from past threads that this was the only info I or anyone else could find plus possible educated cases on behalf of fellow members. And as usual, instead of giving any helpful insight into something, Gaston, the self proclaimed expert on everything with knowledge of nothing, comes out of the gates screaming fraud and buyer beware.
                              I did find the badge listed on the Hermann Auction website in one of the many large groups of WHW items being auctioned off and it was described as a Karnival badge. And as far as I can recall, were not the WHW & the NSV organizations of the NSDAP as was most everything else at that time?
                              So Gaston, unless you can contribute any worthwhile information, please refrain from commenting on this or any other threads which you know nothing about. From your past comments on other threads of other members, you seem to enjoy doing that.
                              Last edited by Chris Lee; 05-18-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X