Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake HJ Badge on LDO / For Reference

Hello Gents,

I'm posting this fake (??) HJ badge, for collector reference. (I thought that there was a thread somewhere for fake HJ badges, but I couldn't find it.) I'm not sure what historical badge it's supposed to represent? Perhaps a Champion Badge?? The LDO card is very shady too. Has anyone seen this set-up before? The entire badge and card look bad to me. Opinions?

Cheers!
    Attached Files

I wouldn't be too quick to claim this a fake. How is the reverse set up and marked? If original, this is a rare award.

Comment

The LDO card seemed really questionable, so in my mind, I was assigning "guilt by association" to the badge as well. I'll post a scan of the reverse of the badge this evening, when I get home from work. Cheers.

Comment

Ron, here is the reverse (2 different lighting exposures). The pin is slightly ribbed.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is an original in my opinion. Niemann has it in his catalog for about a grand. A very rare stick pin. Congrats!

Comment

Without seeing it in person, I tend to agree that it is good. I believe this comes in three grades and wonder if this is the bronze grade??

Comment

Very interesting. What exactly was this pin awarded for? Angolia, Vol. 2, seems to imply that, while similiar in design (somewhat) to the Clasp of the German Youth Champion, these are uniquely distinct awards from the Champion badges. Are there any other references out there that might shed light?

(Thanks Ron, and Matovsky.)

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
                The LDO card seemed really questionable, so in my mind, I was assigning "guilt by association" to the badge as well.
                LDO card is original as well...

Tom

Comment

Well this is all a bit of pleasant news!

Thanks for the input, Tom.

Comment

Can anyone provide a translation of the text on the reverse of the LDO card? Thanks.

Comment

This looks exactly like the fake unmarked stickpin in gold offered by Reddick Militaria, only chemically aged, their item#0107-006-074 @ $7.20 wholesale. They also offer the same thing in silver.

Comment

The mystery deepens. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
                          Can anyone provide a translation of the text on the reverse of the LDO card? Thanks.
                          Here is a translation of the reverse of the LDO card:

The manufacture of medals and decorations falls under the control of the Presidential Chancellory. The manufacturer is required to trade any pieces that are delivered damaged for a new (undamaged) one.

Holger

Comment

Yes, that LDO card is a definite original; 100's of these were found with the same exact markings in the early 1970's @ a former manufacturer in Germany by an Austrian dealer. Unique Imports Inc. of Alexandria, VA bought a huge load from him & had them for sale very cheap on their lists, in packs of 6. They also sold them with original stickpins attached for a set of 2 different for $8.95 or 4 different for $13.95.

Comment

Thanks for the translation, Holger. And for the additional info, Silesien.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X