• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(c)
    Attached Files

Comment

Matovsky,

In regards to your statemet: "These were participant's badges, not award pnieces (sp)"

The badge is stated as a "Meisterschaft'" which I believe is a 'championship' which I would think to conclude that the badge is a championship "award"

However, it could also be reasoned that all participants were in a 'championship' competition and as such the badge was not an award but a participant's badge in the competition but myself, I dislike that theory.

Regards,

John<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
      Last edited by John Pepera; 12-03-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

SA/SS Ski Badge

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

SA/SS Ski Badge

Attached Files
              Last edited by matovsky; 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Gentlemen:
                This thread started because of the questions of "clipped" attaching plates. Some are of the opinion that if it is clipped, it is a reproduction. Here is a 1929 Nuremberg badge, which I believe is good with such an attaching plate. I believe the BDM which had a "coffin" type of plate is original. The motto of the BDM, "Faith and Beauty" is the slogan at the top. I have never seen a BDM badge like this, and notwithstanding the absence of a RZM logo, I think it is a good one, though of private purchase. Your informed comments are appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

matovsky

May I beg to differ to your statement that this thread began as
                  "clipped attachment plates"

<OYou began this thread on 11.2.09 entitled, "SA/SS Ski Badge" and it transgressed from there with postings in regards to the pin attaching plates on authentic SA/SS Ski Badges.

<ORespectfully,

<OJohn<O

Comment

This thread is getting weird, still don,t know which badge is good
                    if any. I would not have much confidence in these ski badges
                    and certainly not $2000 + confidence in any of them.
                    Regards
                    Mametz

Comment

John, the name of the contest incorporated the term Meisterschaft. The annual police ski championships were called SchiMeisterschaft. I would consider badges of this type to have been provided to participants with a much more meaningful award for the Sieger- the victor.

Comment

This thread certainly got wierd when you posted that enameled HJ-BdM fake. And you can be assured that if Steve Wolfe bought it from John Pepera, that the badge was a 100% original pc. I have confidence that Steve Wolfe knows a heckuva lot more than you as to the originality of the SA/SS Ski Badge as posted by John. The FAKE HJ-BdM badge you posted with the typically phony attachment plate is shown in color as one of their fakes in the catalog of the firm of USM Inc of Rapid City, SD. The item nr. is #6286 @ $15.

Comment

Here is a copy of the sales catalogue from USM Inc. that <O
                          Silesien<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3665829", true); </SCRIPT> refers to in his above posting which proves conclusively that the BDM pin shown by matovsky is with out any doubt a reproduction and for sure not an original as he contends.

Catalgue copy courtesy of Selesien.<O
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by John Pepera; 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

JoeW,

Thank you for clarifying my confound confusion.

John<O
                            Last edited by John Pepera; 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pepera View Post
                              Here is a copy of the sales catalogue from USM Inc. that <O
                              Silesien<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3665829", true); </SCRIPT> refers to in his above posting which proves conclusively that the BDM pin shown by matovsky is with out any doubt a reproduction and for sure not an original as he contends.

Catalgue copy courtesy of Selesien.<O
                              John:
                              I suggest that you go to that website and look at their BDM badge. It does not have the red pebbles, nor is the swas the same. The quality of mine is consistent with originals. By the way do you own one?
                              Last edited by matovsky; 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

matovsky,

Respectfully I digress.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X