Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-A Treffen Braunschweig 1931 1st & 2nd Pattern Advise Please

Guys,
    I am contemplating selling my 1st & 2nd pattern S-A Treffen Braunschweig 1931 tinnies/badges. However, because of the current market value, I`m unsure as to a fair price as to list then at. I will be listing them in e-stand and am counting on my fellow collectors to help me out in giving a fair sellng price at which to list these 2 rare items.I have posted a couple of pics. before I list them
    Thanks
    chris
    Attached Files

Sa

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I saw a first pattern one just like mine priced at almost $600.00 on a well known TR website but that seems kinda high to me. The second patterns seem to be selling for from $150.00 - $200.00?? If anyone knows what a fair market value for these 2 really might be, please let me know. I don`t want to like put them up for a certain price and just have them sit there because the price is way to high!! Thanks.
      Last edited by Chris Lee; 11-21-2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

The few first patterns that are considered original don't look like this one. The originals have lettering that is incused rather than raised, and the eagle's wings are closer to being at the same height. I've got one like your first pattern type, and these are far more common at shows than the pieces considered original.
        Would you be able to post a closer shot of the 2nd pattern?
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Sa

Erich,
          I agree with you about the 1st pattern after reading another thread that these raised letter tinnies were probably produced shortly after the rally itself, and of course does not make them as rare as the originals. However, I think they still are quite desirable and just for the fact of what rally they represented, makes them that much more collectable. Do you know what price these were selling for at the shows? Heres a couple of better pics of both.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sa

2nd pattern
            Attached Files

Comment

Re the first type, I thought they were vintage mid 1980s. In Mickey Huffman's book 'Hitler's Favorite Political Badges' published 1990, he pictures this type and notes it was 'found on dealers' tables everywhere' at that time.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                Re the first type, I thought they were vintage mid 1980s. In Mickey Huffman's book 'Hitler's Favorite Political Badges' published 1990, he pictures this type and notes it was 'found on dealers' tables everywhere' at that time.
                Erich
                I don't know whether that is true or not. Until proven otherwise, I think they are good and have an example.

Tom

Comment

Sa

Thanks Tom. I too believe they are original. Bill Shea has one exactly the same on his website. I purchased this years ago from a highly esteemed and well regarded colletor/dealer as an original, so I have no doubt that it is as such

Comment

I would like to believe these are original, because I've got one, but unless a cache had been uncovered back in the 80s, IMO there were too many too suddenly on the market.
                    Those 1st patterns considered original are quite different than this one (as shown in Detlev's book, for example).
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                      I would like to believe these are original, because I've got one, but unless a cache had been uncovered back in the 80s, IMO there were too many too suddenly on the market.
                      Those 1st patterns considered original are quite different than this one (as shown in Detlev's book, for example).
                      Erich
                      I agree with Erich regarding the 1st type badge not being good for the reasons given. Huffman's book is very good regarding these badges.

Comment

In responce to the querrys on the first type badges. I am of the opinion that the fat type withe the raised inscription is in fact original. I have one from David Littlejohns collection, his purchase log shows late 50's. The type with the resede inscription again original, but extreemly rare. This is but a different manufacturer. There is the normal type hollow. Many of these surfaced in the late 70's with strange pin as well as other forms of attachment. These were concidered doubtful, but subsequently are excepted as original.

In conclusion, you had a number of manufactures producing basically tinies with the intent of making money, plus funds for the organisation. Controle over production and designe was at best casual. These would have been discarded after the event. Kept as a momento. But they then were worn unoffically as a badge of being there. If you attended in uniform, the first time uniforms could be worn, the Red Party book was filled in with your partisipation over the time and counter stamped by the Ranking Officer.

Thus there are many forms of this badge. They conform to two basic patterns, but that is were it ends.

Comment

Is the one you have from Littlejohn exactly the same as the 1st type Chris posted? I'm curious about the size of the piece and its depth. Would it be possible for you to post a photo or two of yours?
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Sorry Chris. I´m agree with both Erichs. I don´t wish one of this 1st type badges in my collection until no evidence of use before 1945 was shown. But no problem for you. As we can see, many people think that they are original.
                            Greg

Comment

Sorry can not work on this forum. I am happy to show pictures on the new forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X