Some RAD insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T'other.

I'm sticking by my original opinion. Repros.
    Attached Files
    -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Ralph,

On your "XXVIII" example the little RAD manufacturing control emblem is below the patch. On mine it is on top.
      George

Comment

Ooooops!

Never mind. I see they could have jus been cut from the roll differently.
        George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
          Never mind. I see they could have jus been cut from the roll differently.
          Hello,

George I would have to agree with Ralph on this one there are 2 reasons 1.yours has the same border of brown stiching outside the black border 2 yours and Ralphs both have the white threads on the back tied off,this looks odd to me,my picture is hard to tell because the cloth is folded over but on Adrians its clear to see the white threads are all loose,very slopy looking-the same is true on my 2 shields-the other thing that bothered me is the one i mentioned earlier the stiching on these is nearly perfect,no flaws what so ever,again on my 2 and Adrians examples,as well as on other examples that ive seen that IMO were correct the stiching is less than perfect and as seen on the black borders of mine and Adrians very poor in some places-the fact that yours passed the black light test is odd,I honestly dont know what to say about that-As Ralph mentioned earlier why is it that there are so many examples of unissued unit shields from LS IV around?I dont want to hear another super warehouse find story!!these Reich Schule shields are far less common than regular unit shields and it is very odd that so many are floating around especially for the same school-anyone else have an opinion on these

Yancy

Comment

Gee, and the guy at Petaluma said, "At least they're not faking RAD stuff!"
            George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
              Gee, and the guy at Petaluma said, "At least they're not faking RAD stuff!"
              Hello George,

I wouldnt put much faith in the guys from Petaluma,when i first started getting serious about collecting they were some of the first people in California i was warned about-they do have some nice things but they also have alot of fakes mixed in with the good stuff-fake RAD stuff doesnt suprise me,I know all types of RAD unit shields have been faked Im sure some cuff titles have been faked,fake specialty patches,Ive seen lots of repro RAD long service awards,fake robin hood caps,EM daggers,officers daggers,etc,its just like every other field in our hobby,if the fakers think they can make a buck they will make a fake-even in the last 4 years the prices on RAD stuff keeps going up,especially tunics,Ive seen them as high as $700 now,which is ridiculous-so much for collecting RAD because nobody else wants it-lucky for me fellow forum members have allways given me great deals on unwanted RAD items,I havent bought much from dealers this past year!

Yancy

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
                Hello George,

I wouldnt put much faith in the guys from Petaluma,when i first started getting serious about collecting they were some of the first people in California i was warned about-they do have some nice things but they also have alot of fakes mixed in with the good stuff-fake RAD stuff doesnt suprise me,I know all types of RAD unit shields have been faked Im sure some cuff titles have been faked,fake specialty patches,Ive seen lots of repro RAD long service awards,fake robin hood caps,EM daggers,officers daggers,etc,its just like every other field in our hobby,if the fakers think they can make a buck they will make a fake-even in the last 4 years the prices on RAD stuff keeps going up,especially tunics,Ive seen them as high as $700 now,which is ridiculous-so much for collecting RAD because nobody else wants it-lucky for me fellow forum members have allways given me great deals on unwanted RAD items,I havent bought much from dealers this past year!
                Hello,

just a added piece of info,I just got back from CA,when i was out there i had a chance to go to a militaria show there,guess what the only RAD unit shield was that i saw there?a RADwJ mint condition unit shield for LS4!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X