Forgotten German War souviners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten German War souviners

Greetings, this grouping was obtained this evening from a family that found it in the attic of a home they once owned in Indio Ca about 15 years ago. The Vet. seemed to have been in the 8th Army. Best, Bill Bourque
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

A nice little lot you have obtained.

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Very nice found! Lovely!

Regards, Theo
          (Wim Vangossum)
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Nice catch!

Comment

hs132,

Nice lot for sure.....but there's one exceptional pin in the group that probably you don't recognize fully.....

The stickpin of an eagle with a swastika between it's legs and an oval with a man carring another person is a membership pin for persons awarded the "Rettungsmedaille" (Life Saving Medal)...very scarce....listed in the 1985/86
              Handbuck der Abzeichen der Deutscher Organisationen 1871-1945 by Heering & Husken at 400.DMs..... (small sz. Golden Party Pins listed for 500DM at that time)

Wouldn't say they've appreciated as much as the Golden Party pins have but probably the best piece in the lot....

Hope this makes your day....
              John G.

Comment

Hi John, I wish I knew that sooner. I wondered about that but didnt pursue further. Thanks for your help. Best, Bill

Comment

hs132,
                  Obviously, someone must have "talked you out of that one".....whoever it was certianly knew what he was doing.....I'd put a check mark against his name if I were you!

Sorry that I "made your day" in the wrong way!
                  John G.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
                    hs132,
                    Obviously, someone must have "talked you out of that one".....whoever it was certianly knew what he was doing.....I'd put a check mark against his name if I were you!

Sorry that I "made your day" in the wrong way!
                    John G.
                    Hello, no one talked me out of that one. I sold the whole grouping to a friend of mine and I bear no
                    ill feelings. I did very well overall and in the past have reaped huge profits from other recent finds(please search my posts over the last few months)For me its good karma, while at times I think I know all, this makes me feel abit more human. The use of the word "obviously" in my mind is one that is over used and often used rudely. I look forwards to my next woodwork find with relish. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X