Help with 7 pins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 7 pins.

A couple of months ago someone sold me his remaining TR collection (it was once huge) including these pins. Because these pins were the remaining ones he sold them to me at the price of reproductions (don't worry, the other things I bought are nice original medals). I never really paid attention to their originallity until a couple of days ago, because I like them anyway. But it would be nice to know if any of them are original.

DAP Member pin & opfer-ring. In my opinion the DAP member pin looks like a nice original, but it could be just me (I just noticed the back of the member pin is the other way around. Excuse me for that small mistake.):

The infamous m1/129 pins. I assume they're both fakes:

I have no clue if these DJ and arbeitsdienst are real (hopefully the arbeitsdienst is not too dark):

I thought Kinderschar pins only had red swastikas?:

Some might be a bit too dark. If there are better pics needed just ask me.

Sir You are correct. All duds except for the lacquer party badge. I have never seen such a Kinderschar before. It makes my eyes hurt and burn. have a nice weekend. Robert

Comment

Robert nailed it - only the party pin is good.

Comment

Ok, thank you guys.

Comment

To say they are bad is one thing, why not explain why so others will see the reasons and be able to learn from this?? Mike

Comment

Fair enough -

The Dj, RAD and Opferring badges all have the "coffin shaped" pinplate never found on original badges. The Kindershar has the wrong colour swastika (should be red) and against all logic has the "GES GESCH" on the inside of the recess circle for the pinplate. The M1/129 badges - as said - have an RZM number that no one has ever found on a real badge, but only found on fakes.

As well, the overall quality of the badges is lacking - the enamel is sunken modern style instead of smoothly polished, hard fire baked glass enamel. Look for the "puckering, especially around the letters of the M1/129 badges.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Perfect! I think that is great that you explained the reasons! I learned something as well.. Threads, with explained fakes should be pinned above so they can be refured to without a lot of searching..Would save a lot of us a lot of money! Mike

Comment

Glad it is of help.

I could go on, because there are other things wrong with these badges, but any one of the above is enough to ID them as fakes.

For example, the "Adolf Hitler 1933" badge shows an RZM mark, but the RZM didn't start marking badges until early 1935. RZM license number M1/128 wasn't issued until 1938, so 129 would have been at the same time or after - way too late for a 1933 badge. As I said, it also doesn't appear M1/129 ever actually made badges.

The RAD badge shows an RZM mark, but RAD stuff was never RZM marked, as it didn't come under the RZM's jurisdiction as the RAD wasn't an NSDAP organization - it was a civil state organization. Plus, this particular badge is actually a fantasy (which will be news to most people as it appears in several reference books as good), as the RAD unit shown (Abteil. 4/305) did not exist in Braunschweig . There are other very rare badges like this with other units, but in another discussion it was determined that there were only about 100 people in an RAD unit like this, making the many thousands of badges you see for any single RAD unit unlikely.

Hope this helps a little more.

Comment

That is interesting to say the least. Lets hope that saves someone a few bucks! Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X