German Japaneese Pin Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Japaneese Pin Original?

Hi, I think this is a German Youth Exchange pin but I am not sure if it is real or not? Any Oppinions? Ck Military Advisor Fall 2005 P. 18-19. Volume 16 number 4. I am posting these for a friend. Thanks Duane
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D Funk; 07-29-2009, 07:05 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

D Funk,
      Unfortunately, bad reproduction....notice the reverse marking and the type of backer attachment for the pin.....all typical reproduction..
      John G.

Comment

Very bad - they even spelled "Hofftstatter" and "GES. GESCH." wrong.

Comment

bad repo

This pin must of been made in Florida or a box of 10,000 ended up here, i go to flea markets all weekend and some times during the week, i would bet you there is at least 5 or more at every florida fleamarket. I baught one years ago at webster flea market in sumter county florida. If you went there today you would see 20 or more of them on different tables there. Any collectors who go to webster can confime this.

Comment

[QUOTE=NBolinger;3400857]This pin must of been made in Florida or a box of 10,000 ended up here, i go to flea markets all weekend and some times during the week, i would bet you there is at least 5 or more at every florida fleamarket. I baught one years ago at webster flea market in sumter county florida. If you went there today you would see 20 or more of them on different tables there. Any collectors who go to webster can confirm this.[I had to redo the message because i cant spell. /QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks

Hi forum, I also noticed the CES CESH and new it was not a good sign, The pin keeper style was also a bad sign. Thanks again for confirming Duane

Comment

where any of these German Japanese badges real or are they all fantasy pieces?

Comment

This is an obvious fake. But I question whether or not all of these Japanese/German youth meetings in the Tyrol could have even happened. Think of the logistics in 1942, which is the date that all of these badges are. How would the Japanese "youth" get to Austria in 1942? The seas where controlled by either the Brits or us. So sea travel would have been out. How could they have crossed Russia, which was a hostile neutral to Japan? Even if the Russians would somehow permit this. How would the "kids" be permitted to cross over to the German lines, so they could get on their way to Austria? I own one of these badges, but I think they are all fantasies. Any comment on my theory from the usual suspects?

Comment

Originally posted by matovsky View Post
                    This is an obvious fake. But I question whether or not all of these Japanese/German youth meetings in the Tyrol could have even happened. Think of the logistics in 1942, which is the date that all of these badges are. How would the Japanese "youth" get to Austria in 1942? The seas where controlled by either the Brits or us. So sea travel would have been out. How could they have crossed Russia, which was a hostile neutral to Japan? Even if the Russians would somehow permit this. How would the "kids" be permitted to cross over to the German lines, so they could get on their way to Austria? I own one of these badges, but I think they are all fantasies. Any comment on my theory from the usual suspects?
                    very good point, i own a 42 also ,as you say the idea Japanese students could have made it toGermany is ludicrous , unless they came by submarine or met on facetube

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X