1936/37 George Vanderbilt Cup Race Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936/37 George Vanderbilt Cup Race Badge

I recently purchased this pin from an old estate where the elderly owner had passed away and the homes contents persons personal belongings were being sold off. I have see one other of these pins at an antique show some years ago but did not pay more than a passing look at it.

I have not been able to find any information on it by doing online searches, aside from the fact that the race which would have included these national flags and participents were held in 1936 and 1937.

Does anyone know anything about it, or a possible value?

Thanks,

Chuck
    Attached Files

Race Pin

Chuck,
    If you google vanderbilt cup race you`ll find a book on Amazon.com about the race, that has this pin on the front cover. I`ve had a couple of these pins and of course the value lies in what the buyer will pay. The range in price is pretty wide starting from $30.00 ( the latest one I bought) on up to $150.00( the first one I bought) and anywhere inbetween.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
      Chuck,
      If you google vanderbilt cup race you`ll find a book on Amazon.com about the race, that has this pin on the front cover. I`ve had a couple of these pins and of course the value lies in what the buyer will pay. The range in price is pretty wide starting from $30.00 ( the latest one I bought) on up to $150.00( the first one I bought) and anywhere inbetween.
      Thank you Chris. I saw the listing on Google for that book but did not look at it since I saw that it was for an Amazon book listing. I thought it was simply a history of the race (which it is) and did not expect to find anything that would help me. Serves as a reminder: Never leave any stone unturned when doing research!

Thanks again.

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X