Large stick pin collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjl View Post
    There are a number of fakes / fantasies lurking in there. For example, the photo with the mini dagger pins and SS-FM tab back - they are wrong. The SA / SS dagger pins are a fantasy made up by a UK gent in the 1960s-70s (his initials appear on the reverse). The tab-back SS-FM is a poor fake, usually sold as "SS-FM cuff links". they never appeared as tab backs, and I would bet it is also RZM'd - also a no-no.
    Ugghh...

I have 45 total... plus a small Mothers Cross, and the bracelet thing.

I will keep the Mothers Cross and bracelet... and get rid of the rest for the $10 each I paid for the lot...

I am sure there are some real ones in the lot.... but... will let the buyer figure what's, what.

I appreciate the help... Robert

Comment

Even though fantasy, I have always loved the dagger pins..LOL
      Tom Nowling

Comment

the dagger pins are actually rather nice dont you think so?

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

A friend of mine wanted them who lives a few miles away.

I only kept the small Mothers Cross, the bracelet thing... and the two pins enclosed.

Robert

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

As many have already contributed, there is a mix of fantasy and real in what you have purchased. The original TENO pins were all serailized and were to be turned in after the wearers death. Yours is unmarked, however the civil pin in the same photo is real.
                      The interesting one in the mix is the red German-American Bund pin in the upper left corner. It is marked Apollo Jewelry, BRKLN NY and I believe these to be originals. These pins and other AV Bund pins similar to them were all manufactured in the USA and all seemed to disappear on Dec. 08, 1941.
                      Lyn

Comment

That red stickpin of the German-American Bund is indeed original, & I'd pay $10 for it anytime. It's from Fritz Kuhn's "Deutscher Amerika Volksbund", & its logo is of a "D" resting on its flat side, & the other initials "AV" inside the "D".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X