Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Mem Badge MM M1/23

Hello Chaps,

finally got round to adding one of these to my collection, as I've been wanting to do for years! What do you think?

Obverse.jpg

[ATTACH]1194185[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1194186[/ATTACH]

Comment

Pablo Not a common maker. Interesting machining of the outer edge of the reverse. Nice! Lots of impurities in the white enamel. A good thing to see. Regards Robert

PS Try looking at james Nobles' database to see if there is another 23 listed for comparison. If not there then you can conclude you have a relative rarity of a party badge.

PSS I just checked for you and there are 2 other 23s. Now it is up to you to find them there and compare. Have fun!

PSSS Please report your comparison check as I am wondering about the reverse machining characteristic. Thank You
        Last edited by burgerhaus; 05-03-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Very nice conditioned original.

Regards, Theo
          (Wim Vangossum)
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I'd already checked the database before I bought the badge Robert. Having seen the other examples, I knew the badge was original. I too like the eggshell/spotted look of the white enamel, just like you see on DK's.

Comment

Robert, looking at the other pictures of the M1/23's (the best being on pg 59), they do look to have the edges finished/machined. Although it's hard to tell with the pics and the patina. I think my pictures exemplify the finished around the edge on mine because the light and clearness of the close ups. All the other details on the badges are exactly the same. No worries for me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X