Zinc Gau Danzig Alter Kampfer Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinc Gau Danzig Alter Kampfer Badge

Varient Gau Danzig Badge made in zinc? It certainly is NOT one of the Lowell Jackson copies.

Chuck
    Attached Files

This form of badge is a very hard call. The known originals are quite diferent from this and produced in Danzig. Having said that, I have two examples that are identical to this, but with different pin construction. I think it is possible that these were produced in Germany for further award. A form is known without the inscription.

Comment

The Detlev Niemann Catalog suggests that the zinc versions of this badge are a sort of "day badge" and not Gau Badges... Check volume three.

John

Comment

I could see the issuance of a "day badge" with the same motive and "Gau Danzig" but not one with "Alter Kämpfer" as I don't think the Party would allow this designation on a day badge that could be worn by anybody other than true Alte Kämpfer.
        Richard V

Comment

Here's one I have. Never could find anything definitive on it thus far.
          Attached Files

Comment

reverse pin assembly
            Attached Files

Comment

It would be nice to find more information on these. Phoenix, yours has a pin that would indicate a less important tinnie variety. Here is one I have that I bought as a tinnie a while back that I think is a reproduction. It has great detail on the front but the pin on the rear would indicate this to be something less than in important badge.
              Richard V

Front
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixpwb View Post
                  reverse pin assembly

I would say that your example shows promise given the photos of other original zinc varients I have seen in reference books!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X