MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSDAP long service award(bronze), cased.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP long service award(bronze), cased.

Hi guys,

I stumbled across this one lately. The case got me a little wondering, has anybody ever seen something like this before? It seems like the ribbon of the award was glued into the case. I was just wondering if this was factory done, or if the NSDAP official did this on his own. Everything was applied really professional, no edges or sloppy gluing or anything like that. And the additional cardboard fits perfect.

The maker is M1/102 Frank & Reif Stuttgart, so if anybody has any info on this...

Regards,

Daniel
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a real box, except someone has pulled out the lower cardboard insert divider, probably to fit the mounted medal instead of resting in it as two parts. The ribbon could have been glued in by anyone (owner, collector), but probably not factory done. Is the RZM mark stamped on the back of the box in blue/purple?

Comment

I´d swear this is an original case, but as Stephen said with some personal touch given by somebody.
          Greg

Comment

all looks fine, nice boxand a great parade mounted medal! as stephen said it looks like the box has been altered to house the parade form, its a neat looking job. i would guess it was done by the original owner, but theres no real way to know for sure
            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Oh my, I totally overlooked this. I thought this was like a black wb case, were the medal just is simply stored in the case. I just compared it to the box from Mr. Weitze, and sure the inlay is missing.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Daniel

PS: Here is the mm of the case.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X