Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction Tinnie Bargain

Hello, 63 Tinnies for just $249.05, thats approx £127.44 UK pounds sterling
    $249.05 £127.44) that was the final 'hammer' price for the collection. Nothing too rare amont the Badges but what do you want for that price would have been a fabulous buy for a new collector. Opinions please............
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-09-2008, 09:03 AM.

In fact the more I study the picture I ask myself why in the world didn't I bid on these Tinnies
    REVERSE
    Attached Files

Comment

Gee Martin.... only $4.00 a tinnie..... HOW could you pass this by???

Maybe this is a sign to exchange tinnies for the girlfriend? I mean the stress of trying to keep up with Herr Vampire Chris and his Flugtags must be incredible.

Nice "instant" tinnie collection! I am sure there is one happy collector out there!

Comment

Drac is back.....I am totally fluggered

Originally posted by Carson View Post
        Gee Martin.... only $4.00 a tinnie..... HOW could you pass this by???

Maybe this is a sign to exchange tinnies for the girlfriend? I mean the stress of trying to keep up with Herr Vampire Chris and his Flugtags must be incredible.

Nice "instant" tinnie collection! I am sure there is one happy collector out there!
        Hello carson, the problem was I was already at the maximum allowed limit of bidding for 100 items at any one time and that in itself was major work and confusing to say the least before taking in to account the added stress of ex girlfriends and 'Count Dracula'. Who wants those flugger buggers anyway I prefer my Eagles not Planes .....

Comment

tinnies

Don`t get me started or I`ll have to bring out the big guns (By the way Martin, nice buy on those tinnies. The last time I bought in bulk I paid around $7.00 apiece for 104 tinnies but with the exception of about 10 or so in this mount these were some of them. Lots of WHW stuff also which I do enjoy!!)Martin, could you show closeups of the tinnies in the 3rd row from the top please?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Chris Lee; 05-09-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
            Don`t get me started or I`ll have to bring out the big guns (By the way Martin, nice buy on those tinnies. The last time I bought in bulk I paid around $7.00 apiece for 104 tinnies but with the exception of about 10 or so in this mount these were some of them. Lots of WHW stuff also which I do enjoy!!)Martin, could you show closeups of the tinnies in the 3rd row from the top please?
            Hello Chris, well actually if you read back (previous post #2)sadly, you will see I did not actually buy the Tinnies as I was inundated with work at the time and missed the Tinnies as due to my bidding elsewhere I was already on the restricted limit of 100, for bidding on Auction items non the less nothing that I really wanted so I am not too bothered. The Tinnies you have posted above are of course far more desirable examples. yes I too like WHW Tinnies and in the majority of cases I still think that they are incredibly so underated
            Regards Martin
            PS yes Chris, third row appears to have a few rare ones...........The Stettin Tinnie about 8th along on row 3, I have never seen die stamp version, although I have a rare diecast example of that particular Badge.
            Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Tinnie

Martin,
              Stupid me. My eyes are still ablaze from those stunning turnfest tinnies you posted and they haven`t yet come into focus enough to read correctly Anyhow , you`re right that was a good buy for someone. Great instant collection

Comment

Chris, I havn't even begun with Turnfest tinnies yet I bet you have been up all night again I have at last found the Stettin Tinnie (huge meeting in Stettin June 1938) unusual example as to the reverse the Badge is markedl/58, not with RZM M/9 as you would expect to find
                Regards Martin
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Martin Harding; 05-09-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X