2 different silver Mother's crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 different silver Mother's crosses

I have 2 silver Mother's crosses and as I was comparing the two on which I should keep and which I should sell, I noticed some distinct differences between the two. Thought I would put them up for evaluation here. The biggest difference is that one appears substantially thicker than the other. I don't have a good camera so the picture of me holding them may not be real good for comparison but is thicker in all aspects including the arms. The thinner came in an envelope marked for Hobacher. The thicker has no ID. The rear of the thicker one has a very nice frosted finish and the lettering on the rondel on the front is very fine and distinct in comparison with the Hobacher piece. The Hobacher is on the right in the below scans. There is also a dent above the H in the Hitler signature on the reverse of the thicker, unknown maker cross. Any opinions on either of these?
    Richard V

Hi,

Without better pictures it is difficult to give an opinion. From the pictures alone both crosses look good. I would say: check the enamel on it's quality. The blue must be nice transqulent with some kind of stippel pattern and the white enamel must have some tiny imperfections (black speckling) under magnification.

Regards, Theo
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks Theo. I'll take a closer look. I just wish I could put these on their edge on the scanner. I'll see if I can come up with some clever engineering to do so.
      Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X