• Time
  • Show
Clear All

another hj honor badge for theo

hi all
    posting here another hj honor badge for theo , any thought appreciated
    stu
    Attached Files

heres the back,whats odd is that this must be a replacement pin as the serial number has been scratched off underneath it ?????? unless the pin was removed then put back on again
    Attached Files

Comment

Other than that little mystery,looks OK by me.
      Seiler

Comment

Repared HJ Honor Pin

I have one almost exactly like this one and I will try to post it in the next couple of days Mine came with a grouping of HJ insignias and pins from a school member of AHS Frankfurt o. O.
        Ron Weinand

Comment

Hi everyone,

First I wanna thank Stu for posting the pictures.

The badge is made by Wilhelm Deumer (M1/120). The funny thing is that the serial number is scratched off and a "classic" pin and pinplate is placed instead of the typical pin Deumer used for this badges. However I' know that there are other Deumers with this type of pin

Regards, Theo
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

HJ Honor Pin

Here is my HJ Honor Pin P1050497.jpg

Comment

That's really wierd. Apart from the different last digit those badges are almost identical (well, the reverse anyway). Both pins later replaced, both numbers scratched out in the same way.. I'm also trying to think of a reason why a maker would produce a pin in such a way that both his MM and the serial number are later rendered 100%/75% invisible respectively after attachment of the pin. Why go to the trouble to remove a pin so that you can scratch out an already invisible serial number anyway? Why scratch it out at all? Okay, there is a possible explanation for that one but what if you had lost a badge marked this way back in the TR? How would you prove that it's yours if someone found it?

For me there are just too many questions with too many different possible answers to make these particular badges anything more than worrying. It would be good to see some more information turn up on them though.

Comment

Hi,

Just great to see another Ron! Thanks for showing!

Maybe it is weird, maybe not... I'v seen other badges like an DRL sport badge for instance with a removed serial number. There are even SA-wehrabzeichen with a huge amount of solder especially applied to covering the serial number.
                In the case of the HJ Ehrenzeichen the pinplate is not just accidently covered the serial number because a serious attempt is taken to remove the number. One possible theory could be that these badges recieved the number before the pin was soldered. And assume that they need B-pieces? So they removed the serial number and used this paticular setup on the reverse instead of the more typical Deumer pin style with the locking system.

One way or another... this must have some "stupid" logical explanation.

Regards, Theo
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X