Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mothers cross variation or fake?

Hi,
    Does any body know of a variation or fake motheres cross were the insciption on the rear is RAISED
    Any help much appreciated,seen one today?
    Merdock

mmmmmmmmmm I have never heard of one of those before, do you have some photos?

Comment

Hi Tyler,
      Thanks for the fast reply ,no i do not have any photo's it's in a local shop for sale ,normally they do no interest me but it's the 1st time i've seen a raised insciption ,i was hopping that someone could say real variation or out right copy,
      i'll try a sale or return question on him?
      All the best Merdock

Comment

I would be on you guard if I were you, I have never seen a cross with a raised inscription. I think this has been mentioned before in another thread. Is the blue enamel translucent? Always a good sign as a lot of the fakes have opaque enamel, but then the fakes are getting better by all accounts.

Comment

Here's one with raised letters on the back. It's currently in my "Fakes Case."

(And yes, this thread ain't about a "Cross of the Wehrmacht" so I'm moving it -- lacking a "Civil Awards Forum" -- to "Political." )
          George

Comment

hi,
            thanks all.
            Merdock

Comment

George, as a matter of interest how does the obverse shape up on that Mothers Cross?

Comment

Mothers Cross

Hello,
                The cross you have is bad. That fake with raised inscription surfaced in the late 70's and Unique Imports sold them.

An identical cross in bronze came my way about 2 years ago. My mother picked it up for me, and it was also bad. I don't have that cross, I gave it to a teacher at school as a joke, since she gave birth to her fourth child.
                Regards,
                Jody

Comment

"How does the obverse shape up on that Mothers Cross?"

Like this.
                  George

Comment

Thanks George! It looks as though they went a bit over the top with that pebbling effect under the enamel and than they scrimped on the blue enamel itself which almost comes off second best to the white bordering.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X