Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest piece.

Hi everyone.

Just bought this nice badge. It´s my first Hitler Youth item. Soon some other will follow.
    How many makers of this badge exist? Any idea?

Regards,
    Adolph.
    Attached Files

Thats a nice one. I am not sure on how many makers.

John

Comment

That is a nice badge.
      I just starting to collect DAF items and saw one of these at a trade market last week, but I didn't believe it was a real one. What has the Hitler jugend had to do with the DAF?

Comment

3 manufacturers if I remember right. Gustav Brehmer, August Tham and Wagner. I'm sure Stu will correct me if I'm wrong

Regards, Theo
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

As I recall, Theo is correct on there being 3 makers. Brehmer seems to have been the exclusive maker for the Gausieger and Reichssieger badges. I have only ever seen the Kreissieger badges made by the others.
          Richard V

Comment

kreissiegers where made by tham,wagner and aurich in 1939 but the 1938 kreiss was only made by brehmer, who by the way was the only maker of the gausieger and the reichsieger badges for 38,39 and 44
            stu

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information.

Regards,
              Adolph.

Comment

To MG-Freak,
                From Information about this award in Angolia’s book Political & Civil Awards this competition was instituted by Dr. Robert Ley, head of the German Labor Front. Competition was open to A. male labors 15-18 B. male commercial and technical apprentices 15-21 C. females 15-21 D. students attending trade schools or commercial colleges regardless of age or sex and lastly all entrants had to be members of some Nazi-affiliated org. After the start of the war age restrictions were modified some of the recipients were over 50 years old. It is also stated that this award should not be considered a youth award but rather a national -level trade competition. Although it was conceived to inspire the youth to get a better education.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X