Nietzsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nietzsche

Hi fellows, Was there ever a tinnie or badge featuring or commemorating Nietzsche?

Also on this Tag der Arbeit tinnie who is the figure?

Thanks much, Sal
    Attached Files

I have too wondered the same about the figure in the tinnie...Could it be just a figure representing the workers and not somebody in particular maybe?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Hi Sal

I have had a good look around for any tinnies depicting Friedrich Nietzsche and I cannot find any.

I find this rather odd, and I am certainly not convinced that none were produced.

Perhaps another member can take the baton on this one.

Nietzsche was born in Röcken, near Leipzig and also spent some time at Naumburg. I would have expected one of these places to have picked up on the connection and exploited it and claimed him as their son.

I have checked under tinnies for Röcken, Leipzig and Naumburg, as well as Nietzsche and came up with nothing.

Raymond

Comment

Sal, I think the guy on the Tag der Arbeit tinnie is the "before" guy from the Hair Club for Men commercial.
          Richard V

Comment

Thanks lads! I woulda thought that there would be some nietzsche tinnie or something! Oh well I am sure something will pop up one day

Best, Sal

Comment

Sal

This one is irritating me, as I am sure there will be some form of tinnie out there for Nietzsche. I just cannot find one

Raymond

Comment

Nietzsche and official nazi recognition

Just when I think WAF is getting boring, I find somthing exciting like this tread.
                I will have to check the tinny section more often, perhaps.

Well it has been quite a few years since I studied this stuff, so I may make a mistake or two, but off the cuff, here is how I remember it:

As it was very publicly known that Nietzsche went insane this could be the official reason for no commemorative (ala official Nazi) pin, etc.

Insanity had a greater stigma 'then' and 'there' then it does even now.

That being said, the unofficial (and more salient reason) is ,in my opinion, that just a bit too much of Nietzche's ideas were plagiarized by Hitler and the early nazis.On top of this, and much worse, Hitler and the nazis had changed (perverted if you like)his ideas. The mystic/occult side of the nazis was merged with the Uberman/superman idea--After the nazis were in power--the occult slowly became banned for the public. Worst of all, Nietzsche was at pains to denounce Anti-Semitism (and his old friend Wagner for his profound AntiSemitism).
                As an aside it has been proven that the Antisemitic diatribes once thought to have been his were edited into his journals after his institutionalization and death by his sister Elisabeth Nietzsche-Forster who married a rabid anti semite.

Michael
                Last edited by Michael Fay; 12-09-2007, 01:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X