Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurnburg 1933 badges

hello,

I was wondering if the fakers have begun with these yet? I am referring to both the stamped version and the solid version. Please advise if so.

Thanks
    John

There are fakes going back 30 years or more to my knowledge, varying in quality and type.

Comment

Nuremburg 1933

Hello John, yes I am afraid fakes do exist of both the Die stamped hollow back version and the Die cast solid back versions of the Nurnberg Reichsparteitag (Nuremburg) 1933 Badge. Poland been one of the Countries who churn them out.
      Regards Martin

Comment

Old copies do exist

Sorry Stephen, we submitted posts at the exact same moment. I have just read your comments and agree there exists early reproductions of this particular Badge which fool many a collector.
        Martin

Comment

I had a bad feeling about the possiblity. I have seen a couple of the stamped ones that I feel are good "excellent detail" but the pin attachement is different from the normal pin like on enamel badges. I wondered if this was the tell tale sign of a copy. Conversely, I have seen solids that have what one would think was the correct pin to the reverse but the detail is lacking considerably. Just hard to be sure.

Thanks,
          JOHN

Comment

Pictures ???

Hello John, if you could post pictures it would be far easier to identify if original or fake.
            Regards Martin

Comment

Don S posted some images of fake hollow stamped badges in this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...parteitag+1933

And there's a fake solid one shown here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...parteitag+1933

I have seen a fake solid one at a show that was cast, and had a very flimsy "safety pin" soldered to the back.

Best,
              Greg
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Greg,

Thanks for the links to the fakes. Good job!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X