No announcement yet.

Please Help about NSDAP Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DJ is mean't to be an early one it's got an uncrossed Z and GES.GESCH ?

This is the German female workers Z without cross and M1/105

Comment

This is the RAD pin, I've not seen a fake before with the barely twist gripper. But I'm not into these like my medals, and you know how many wrong ones I had!

Comment

And lastly this one I beleive is OK M1/73 RZM with crossed Z, the plate which holds the pin is like that on just about all other badges which I would consider orignal, to date that is.

Comment

Badges

Hi everybody, this is getting interesting although confusing. Looking through Cones' book, I can see only 1 other badge with both RZM and Ges.Gesch. (a HJ Golden badge). That would seem to confirm Richard's theory. I was always told that Cones' book is one of THE reference books on that kind of badges.....

As far as the RAD badge is concerned, if you follow the logic as described on NSDAPBADGES.com, then the fact that the shape of the pin base is different from the shape of the pin outline on the back of the badge should ring alarm bells.

The enamel is a difficult one to decide upon from photos I think. Again looking through NSDAPBADGES.com , it gives various examples of the types of dots you should expect to see underneath the enamel.

As far as the RZM mark, the same site says that a missing bar on the Z is not necessarily a sign of a problem.
          Again he says that a missing 2nd ring is usually a fake but not always.
          The main sign according to the site seems to be an M not touching the circle or spread open.

I have in the past emailed him photos of my badges for his comments. Maybe you should try that.

Anyway, all very confusing. Many of these badges are quite cheap so I cannot understand the reasons for faking them...

Comment

I can't believe this as you answered me I PM'ed you about these.

Marcus

I think I may just e-mail him to find out, never mind these I can give to my nephew as birthday and Christmas presents he'll never know the difference and it'll save some money, I've 6 years worth here ..............only joking.

Comment

I have found that when the Z is not crossed the manufacturors can be traced to not being located in Germany...(ie. production in Austria).....
              I would not live and die by the crossed or uncrossed Z.
              check out my site for pics of these types...

http://enamelsofwar.homestead.com

mike

Comment

Marcus your German female workers Z without cross and M1/105 has a similar clasp to mine.
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse. Also your Arbeitsdank stickpin appears to have been designed for a pinback device but instead had the long pin attached instead. I have seen differing standards of enamelling with Arbeitsdank badges ( thanks to the forum ) some have a narrow band of red enamel others considerably wider in comparative terms. The only thing I would be suspicious of is that it looks quite silvery around the letters, on the ones I have seen this has turned to dull tombak colour. But perhaps yours is in better condition than most.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Mike, I'll be on your site all night now, so expect an angry PM from the wife.

Thats a nice looking badge there Richard, lovely.

Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Badges

Hi Marcus
                      Following on from your recent comments and photos, here are a few of mine. Thanks to Tyler Ramsey I think I have managed to work out how to post 2 photos within 1, if you see what I mean (I now hope it works or I am going to make a fool of myself). Here goes...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Badges

So far so good, thanks again Tyler
                        Attached Files

Comment

badges

sorry about this, back to the drawing board I guess

Comment

Badges

Let's try this
                            Attached Files

Comment

Badges

Attached Files

Comment

Badges

Seems to work now.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X