Were Luftchutz medals often marked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were Luftchutz medals often marked?

The two I had are not marked and I have never seen a marked one before, but the one I bought just recently (heavy version) has 60 mark on ring. How common are marked Luftschutz medal?

Hi Vadim,
    Just saw the thread! The marked ones are out there but the unmarked ones are seen more often. I myself have not seen one with the maker mark "60" before, but that's just me. The most often encountered one with the maker mark is one with "10" for
    Foerster & Barth - Pforzheim found on the suspension loop. This mark was found on the aluminum examples as well as the alloy examples ( I have owned both types ). Hope this helps!
    ERIC

Comment

I'll second Eric. The only marked ones I've noticed have been aluminum "10"s.

Comment

hmmm, so does that necessarily mean that mine is not good? (I know, pictures would have helped but I have still not set up the digital camera wife gave me for Christmas... ) It is heavy and has very good detail compared to the originals I have seen and I bought it from the estate of an Army captain that had other 100%good stuff so I have no reason to doubt it really. Anyone ever seen "60" mark on a Luftschutz medal??? I will try to get it scanned.

Comment

My 'heavy' cased example is marked 60,while my 'light' example in the paper packet is unmarked.
          Hope this helps,
          Kind regards,
          Andy

Comment

I also have a 60 marked one, absolutely original.

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Cool, a new one!! Just learned something new! Let me see, LDO # 60, that is Katz & Deyhle?
              ERIC

Comment

Dear Eric,

Yes, Katz & Deyhle. Mine is marked THREE times with 60 in the ring! My collection is already packed for the move and I don´t have a pic in my files of it. But 100% genuine. Quite heavy and very detailed.

Somebody posted a Luftschutz medal packet by Katz & Deyhle just recently, can´t remember where exactly now.

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

marked Luftschutz II

I've also got an original, heavy type, with the ring marked '60'.
                  I picked it up at least 20 years ago if not longer, and I'm sure of it's authenticity.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X