"DSA" Sports Badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"DSA" Sports Badge?

I've not seen one of these before. I did a forum search with no results. Can anyone provide some background/period of issue on such a badge?

Thanks!

Scott
    Attached Files

Reverse...
    Attached Files

Comment

I never had seen this badge before in Third Reich period photograhs or reference books. I cann´t help you. I´m sorry.
      Gregorio

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I had listened and I have badges of DRA and DRL (with and without sw), but not DSA or DSB.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. My thoughts too were some type of post-war badge, but the wreath, lettering, pin, and catch design favored earlier DRA and DRL badges of the 1930s-40s. Very odd .

Scott

Comment

Hello

The period for DSA badge goes from 1948/49 to 1952, before the introduction of DSB version.

Lauri.

Comment

Thanks Lauri!

Scott

Comment

It is correct, that DSA had been awarded from 1948/1949-1952.

The official sports badge of the Federal Republik of Germany with DSB (Deutscher Sportbund) started 1952.

The time before, starting 1948 with the DSA (Deutsches Sportabzeichen) in North Rhein-Westphalia, beared some other sports badges, but only in the federal states of Germany, strictly speaking in the federal sport organisations like "Landessportbund Bremen" or "Landessportverband Schleswig-Holstein".

May be, I don't know it exactly, that the time before, but after the end of WWII, and afterwards, the sports badges DRL w/o swastikas had their great time. For police men for example; they want to wear their previous awared badges.

And the most federal sport organizations (not all!) offered them sports badges:
                  - the old pieces DRA (no problem; when awarded before 1935, they could wear it up to the end of WWII, and afterwards),
                  - the old pieces DRL, the swastika polished (not only the POW's did it!),
                  - the brand new DRL w/o swastika, the first with the little "peak" above the top of the loop (the remaining part of the swastika),
                  - the next generation of DRL without the peak,
                  - the DSA (Deutsches Sportabzeichen) in North Rine-Westphalia, Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg
                  - the LSA (Landessportabzeichen) in Baden-Wuerttemberg,
                  - the BSA (Bundessportabzeichen) in several federal states, e.g. Hessen and Bremen and
                  - the SLA (Sportleistungsabzeichen) in Bavaria. Only this federal badge is awarded up to now!

All the other badges results 1952 in the official DSB badge.

Regards
                  Uwe

I beg your pardon for my bad English.
                  Last edited by speedytop; 12-24-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X