What is this badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this badge?

I have had this posted before with no luck finding out with it is. It came from a box of misc. stuff at the Frankfurt Fleamarket in 73 to 76. Does anyone have an idea as to what it is? There are no maker marks on it.

Thanks,
    Ron

I remember you posting it before. I like it as a good looking design, but I do have a feeling that it's post war.

Cheers
    Don

Comment

I can't say when it was produced but it seems to be a combined German and French org. proclaiming a New Europe just judging from the translation.

Comment

Yes it means new <ST1Europe</ST1,I have never seen one like it before very strange colours, if it would be mine or it would be offered to me cheap I would keep it as an original until I found out different…<O></O>
        Last edited by klaus; 09-01-2006, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus View Post
          Yes it means new <ST1Europe</ST1,I have never seen one like it before very strange colours, if it would be mine or it would be offered to me cheap I would keep it as an original until I found out different…<O></O>
          As best as I remember, it was only about 50 pfenning or 1 mark (which at the time was about 34 cents U.S.) so I would say I got it cheap. The "dealer" at the fleamarket was one who cleaned out basements and attics for people, and occasionally would have a few TR items, but not many. When he did have tinnies etc. they were usually 1 mark or less each. So I doubt that he would have repros that he purchased to dupe people with because he couldn't have bought them to sell at the prices he asked. Of course he could have run on to a repro in the stuff he cleaned out I suppose.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X