DJ Shooting badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ Shooting badge

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM.

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

At first glance it looks okay to me. The reddish collor of the riffles shows the high copper based metal. normaly they are silvered. But that seems to be wore off. M1/128 stands for Eugen Schmidhäussler, Pförzheim. I must admit that i dont have this paticular type of badge. (I have the HJ Marksman and Sharpshooter), so extra opinions are needed.

Greetings
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Comment

Like I said before; all the red color that you see on your badge is the high copper contents of the basic metal. When it was new it was covered by a thin layer of silver that included for the concentric rings. Probably the innerside was more protected from the invirmont than te outerside. It's normal that the very pronouced rifles has suffered the most from wearing. For so far I can see in my books, most of the rifles comes indeed over the outer cirkel. But at some pictures the barrel doesn't. I dont think you have to worry.

regards
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Xen, Cant see anything wrong, looks like a nice original to me

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I am sorry but I have a problem with the plate that holds the pin. It does not fit the circle but it is actually oval itself. I have one and the plate fits the circle exactly much like the 2 pictured in the previous links. Just MHO that is all.

John

Comment

Comment

Nothing alarming in this badge. Front my point of view all the points mentioned as suspitious are common in this kind of badges.
                      Cheers
                      Gregorio

Comment

If you have made your mind up on the originality of the badge, then why ask for opinions?

Comment

Comment

While the majority of the enamel badges have attach plates that match up with the badges nicely there are occasions when either the proper plates aren't available or the wrong ones were used in error and or they just were using up what in stock. Here are a few examples I have put together to illustrate what I mean. So this isn't a reason onto itself to disqualify a badge IMO.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My biggest concern is the lack of silver finish. There should be remnants of it somewhere in the edges or under the pins. If it's not just the photo quality and the badge is actually all brass/gold, then I would pass on it as a modern copy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X