WHW Flak Tinnie - SOS Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHW Flak Tinnie - SOS Report

I posted a brief report on the Show of Shows in Louisville over on "Die Kneipe". It was great ... as always. I thought I would share with you the items I picked up at the show --- in the various specialty forums here as applicable.

Below a WHW tinnie for Flak in Bonn 1938. It came from George Petersen who had an incredible array of material from his collection for sale.

Mike Heuer
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Mike, What a great tinnie I didn't know the WHW had anything to do with antiaircraft defense...

Comment

FR 14 II

I guess you have to assume they were raising money for that particular Regiment (14 II on the badge). The comprehensiveness of the whole WHW effort is really quite amazing --- particularly in today's terms.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

very nice tinnie

do you know what building that is ,a kazerne? (don't know the english word for it )

Comment

Kaserne

RV,

In English ... a barracks.

I would imagine it is the barracks for the Flak Regiment in Bonn. Which makes this thing really cool.

Mike

Comment

drool drool drool...

...thanks to the Almighty for waterproof keyboards.
            -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

First I have seen this one! Has anyone seen this tinnie in thier books?? Marc--New one to you as well?? Mike

Comment

Very nice

Hello,

I believe that is the first time ive seen that one as well,Good find Mike!

Yancy

Comment

II/14 Flak Rgt

Not in any reference I have looked in so far.

It is possible that the 2nd Battalion, 14th Anti Aircraft Regiment were the sponsors, and not the recipients of this particular WHW collection, in their home town.

Marc

Comment

Marc, While it's not impossible for this to happen it's the first I have seen the WHW fund- raising in this fashion normally the sponcering group such as the SS, SA, HJ or DAF sold items not related to themselves. But again I'm not saying it couldn't happen after all this was the Third Riech where anything was possible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X