Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW - KDF tinnie / badge question

Hello pins & needle experts,

Is there anyone who can say what the badge in the middle was for?
    Bought it years ago from a tinnie collector who wanted to get rid of the swastikas in his collection.
    He told me it could have been some id-badge for factory labourers, but up 'til now I could not have this story confirmed.

Anyone who can confirm this?
    Or anyone with a different opinion?

Thanks for you time!

Best regards,
    Martin

And the behinds...

Comment

Sorry but they look like bad repros to me regards tomas

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I too feel these are poorly cast made reproductions, sorry the quality is very poor

Best Regards
        MIke
        </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
        </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Yes I think to there are copies..<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Comment

Thanks for the replies, and don't feel sorry.
            They are just some tinnies and I didn't pay a top price.

I don't know with these...
            I saw a lot of repro VW tinnies and considered the one to the left and the one in the middle much more detailed than the others I saw.
            Except for the one to the right, which is made of lead.
            I didn't trust that one either.
            But I will lay me down by the majority, if you say they ain't good I suppose they ain't.

But still there remains the question: is there anyone who knows what the badge in the middle was made for, or is it complete fantasy?

Thanks for your time and best regards,

Martin

Comment

Question answered, it is indeed a worker ID badge: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...6&highlight=vw

Remarkable that some of the details on the original are worse than the copy!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X