X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Y straps--yea or nay?

Here are a set of 'political Y straps' for sale on the e-stand:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=138647

I feel these are fake. The metal hardware appears to be okay, although every example I've seen of these straps have had the metal in near mint condition. These sets began appearing on the market around 2 years ago, and were prevalent on eBay, Manions, and various dealer's sites. The initial batches had a private maker marking (name and address) rubber stamped on the interior of one strap. The newer examples are inkstamped with RZM information. The set on the e-stand is RZM rubber stamped in a non typical style. Every example of these straps I've seen have exhibited absolutely no age to the leather, and the leather color is incorrect for the NSDAP or SA. I have 2 original examples of the SA Y straps and neither is close to these. It took me a number of years to find my examples, and now these Y straps are all over the place--you could see them at the MAX show on several tables, at the last SOS, etc.
    I can't prove they are fake, as I don't know from where they are coming, but I would certainly caution anyone interested in a set to proceed warily.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X