griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HJ Honor & Hungarian Sympathizer - Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Honor & Hungarian Sympathizer - Original?

I acquired both from the same source and believe they are both original but would greatly appreciate additions opinions. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Attached Files

The HJ Honor is a good Deumer. The Hungarian is controversial.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
      The HJ Honor is a good Deumer. The Hungarian is controversial.

Regards, Wim
      The Hungarian is only "controversial" because Expelled Member Jo Rivett claimed it was a fake, like all enamel membership badges in collector hands.

You name it and he said it was a fake.

Husken shows about five variations of the badge, including this one.

The Hungarian is an original in my opinion.

Comment

Gary is right. There are 3 (but not 5 as in the catalogue) types existing: The one with the enamelled letters, the standard type with more rose/pink enamel and metal letters and the shown one with more red enamel.

Comment

I think Jo left the possibility that one like this could have existed but I know he called out the Hungarian marked badge and the R.K. badge. Jo Rivett doesn't call all enameled badges fake thats just not true. This one unfortunately the pic is so blurry you can't say much about it. Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Zirnhelt View Post
            I think Jo left the possibility that one like this could have existed but I know he called out the Hungarian marked badge and the R.K. badge. Jo Rivett doesn't call all enameled badges fake thats just not true. This one unfortunately the pic is so blurry you can't say much about it. Vince
            At the end of his career on the WAF, he banked on his reputation of being the author of the "Party Badge Book," a true contribution to the hobby, and I'll be the first to admit this, but once established as the resident "Expert" on the WAF, every enamel membership badge that collectors over the years knowing these were original, suddenly became fake in Jo's hands. You name it, if it had enamel, and no coffin pin, it was a fake.

Though, when you went to collector shows, somehow these "fakes" such as the Hungarian never seemed to show up at all, let alone in abundance as to be expected if a badge had been faked.

Comment

Gary, I think you're saying because Jo was mad at the WAF that he called out badges as bad. I don't see that at all. He gives detailed reasons for why badges are fake. His website list pages of original badges and seems like only few fakes in each category. As far as your fake badges theory there are lots of fakes you don't see in abundance at shows. For what its worth Jo has saved me lots of money over the years and saved me from making costly mistakes and for that I'm grateful. Vince
              ​​​​​

Comment

To go back to the post: Even I am not satisfied with Jo, he is right with the R.K. marked badge. Regarding the Budapest marked one, I can until present only say that the one which was last time sold by Helmut Weitze was thicker than usual !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X