• Time
  • Show
Clear All

and some others

My HJ tinnies and HJ WHW collection.

Comment

Hi,

Need to revive this old thread

Out of my normal stomping ground but I picked this nice little set of plastic animal pinback tinnies described as "WHM GAU 33 SÜD HANNOVER-BRAUNSCHWEIG - 2 KWHW 17/19-01-41 "Tiere des Waldes" komplette series von 10 Kunstsoffabzeichen an nadel" recently.

My research led me to this thread on WHM tinnies but these dont appear here so I cant confirm what they are or if my set is indeed as "komplette" as claimed because I have some pictures of additional critters in my archives (chamois, different squirrel etc.for a total of 6) that are missing from my set some of which have strings instead of the pinback set up like mine have so I'm confused about how many different sets and how many different animals/designs there were

Any help would be much appreciated

Best

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jean-Claude:

Yes this is a complete set from Gau Sued Hannover-Braunschweig. There are many other animal pins from various different Gau. Without looking through all the books I have I would go so far as to say almost every Gau has animal pins.

Curt

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Curt!

Great to hear that my little set is complete for Gau Süd Hannover-Braunschweig and interesting to know that most Gau had their own sets of WHW animal pins. Given the number wild life species of the area I suspect that some of these pieces were repeated from one set to another? Like I said "tinnies" are not my main field of collecting but I do pick some up when I see interesting ones. These not only caught my attention but were also very unexpensive (compared to most) yet its only the second time I see them as sets but so far, never as singles on dealer sites. I hope I can locate some more of these

Thanks again for your help

Best regards

JC

Comment

Hi Jean-Claude:

Late in replying but I don't know if these exact ones are duplicated in other Gau but there are many animals that are represented frequently like squirrel, rabbit and deer. There certainly are identical tinnies of various kinds that were sold in more than 1 Gau. The animals range from nice ones like those you showed to fairly crude wood ones. There are even exotic animals like giraffe, hippo, camel etc. so not all just local animals. Also porcelain birds and butterflies so lots of choices if you are looking for them.

Curt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X