Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutschland Erwache 1933 Plaque

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if this plaque is real?
    Attached Files

Original, in my opinion.

To be nailed on the front door of the home.

Comment

Any clue about the value? I'm trying to evaluate if I should buy it or not, so any help is welcome 🙂

Comment

No, he's wrong. Its a fake and artificially aged and never existed I do not think.

Comment

Yes, not contemporary.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions I was having some serious doubts on whether it was real or not, so final verdict, fake right?

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
              No, he's wrong. Its a fake and artificially aged and never existed I do not think.
              Where are the others?

Never seen this before, and it has real use. Don't think this is "artificially aged."

Other than your conclusion of fact, any evidence it support it is a fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                Where are the others?

Never seen this before, and it has real use. Don't think this is "artificially aged."

Other than your conclusion of fact, any evidence it support it is a fake?
                Gary,

Their coming over the auction blocks by the dozens in the eastern block and have been for two years. Just about every sign in an auction is bad. This does not exist and there are others. Do your homework, I’m not doing it for you just because don’t know the answer. Its a giant fake party badge.

Comment

Bad to the bone just like it's tiny brother.
                  There are plenty other enamel signes aged this way.
                  Regards Wim
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Various design types available here in England - - - car boot sales a favourite retail outlet for these items - - - priced between £25 and £40 - - - often come with a compelling story attached ! Vet pic-ups or house clearance find are the most favoured.

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                      Bad to the bone just like it's tiny brother.
                      There are plenty other enamel signes aged this way.
                      Regards Wim

Comment

Wim is right.
                        I am suspicious of enamel plaques with aging, as they suddenly became available in I think 2010 or so.
                        Before that, you didn’t see them.
                        The date might be wrong as to when they started showing up but the fact remains-
                        Watching what is available from dealers tells you a lot about fakes.
                        Suddenly, every dealer you have watched for years, has enamel signs available like this.
                        Asking the forum is the best you can do before putting down your hard-earned on something that pretends to be real.

Another trend I have noticed - be careful of entire websites that seem legitimate.
                        Probably the best way to bust them is ask about the item on the WAF forum before you buy.
                        There are some incredibly well done websites that are ‘selling’ things owned by members of this forum. They steal the images, post descriptions- sometimes very convincing - and try to rob the unwary. Sometimes they steal the name and logo of legitimate dealers!
                        Just looking out for my younger fellow collectors!
                        John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X