X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early NSDAP wall Eagle

hello!

My last find, huge (50cm) NSDAP Wall eagle(?) - I think is one of earliest
    made one . Made of copper. Traces of tin at the end of the wings.
    Has anyone encountered such an eagle before? The eagle will go on sale - what could its real value be?

Best regards
    Karol

Never seen one like it. 2 sided with no way to hang it or attach it to the wall & made of copper .... IMHO it's probably a fantasy piece ...JMHO.
    Regards,
    Michael H.

Comment

The eagle is one-sided - it has traces of tin on the wings and eye so there were fixings. I know from experience that if you didn't see something in your life it doesn't mean that it didn't exist and it's a copy there are many objects that we have no idea about. Patina like this can't be made artificially. This may be a small quantity product for enthusiasts of NSDAP ideology in the early 1930s

best regards
      Karol

Comment

Originally posted by OnyX View Post
        The eagle is one-sided - it has traces of tin on the wings and eye so there were fixings. I know from experience that if you didn't see something in your life it doesn't mean that it didn't exist and it's a copy there are many objects that we have no idea about. Patina like this can't be made artificially. This may be a small quantity product for enthusiasts of NSDAP ideology in the early 1930s

best regards
        Karol
        I agree. From the photos alone I believe it to be of period manufacture.

Comment

best regards
          Karol
          Didn't mean to upset you.... I said JMHO. The picture of the reverse looks like it is solid not hollow on my computer so I see what you mean about the attachment points. I hope you can out find what it was used for. One of items are dicey to say the least.
          Regards,
          Michael H.
          Last edited by rlimike; 08-30-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

wall eagle

Looks like a casting of one of those larger cardboard eagles IMO lacking in detail the feet especially thanks

Comment

Following this with interest

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Comment

The eagle is not a cast. Is stamped and hand finished.
                I thought it would be difficult - but we'll wait - maybe someone saw a similar one

I wish you all a nice Friday evening

Karol

Comment

Probably a one-off or low production early type of eagle. I think John T. had a similar styled eagle in cardboard. These pieces are a minefield as so few were produced and not the official type.

Comment

Confusing piece
                    Wreath looks stamped and proper
                    But the birds body looks Pakistani made
                    Ugly head....and those little feet.
                    No attachment for a hanger...etc
                    I’d pass

Comment

I don't see any reason that it couldn't be a period piece. It could have been made as a school or shop project or by a hobbyist. Copper relief works were a popular pastime
                      for amateur or professional artists. This one, because of the size, would be more complicated than, say, flowers and leaves, so IMO it was done by someone with at least some experience at the craft. It's probably a one off piece.
                      Yes, it also could have been made year ago, but I don't see any red flags based on anything in the images.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

best regards
                        Karol
                        Not that early with the walking swastika..........

Comment

i don"t like it ...hammered background behind swas ...looks PAKISTANI ...JMHO ....EC....

Comment

OH ...SWAS IS EVEN CENTERED IN WREATH ...JUNK ....EC

Comment

Isn"t centered ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X