(1937 book) die organisation der hj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(1937 book) die organisation der hj

frm a little research, these seem extremely rare, vastly less seen than various editions of the org. buch der nsdap. condition is top-notch. can anyone suggest a reasonable E-stand price range please? much obliged, gents.
    Attached Files

hello, br. james?

Comment

Never seen this example, but perhaps the SHAEF HJ book used this for info?

Comment

many thanks joe.

been many years since I pages through the s.h.a.e.f books at a u.s. governmernt facility, but it sounds right.

there are breakdowns here for banns, gebeits, all sorts of divisions within and without the gaue; plus excellent map denoting all hj regions and listings for the outfits in towns replete with addresses and phone numbers! the interesting ads in back include many by firms selling hj unis, flags, decorations, training rifles etc. etc.

does any WAFer know more -- or even seen one of these in the 'flesh'? cheers

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        Never seen this example, but perhaps the SHAEF HJ book used this for info?

Comment

Maybe SHAEF will have used this book, as it gives good information about organization and the many Bann-numbers. They surely will have used also other sources, as otherwise they could not have had the many later Bann-numbers. SHAEF is handy, but has many imperfections.

I saw the book from post 1 for the first time in about 1975 and copied it. I used it of course to arrange the many Bann-numbers from my book: Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend (Bann-Numbers and Gebiet Triangles) from Bender Publishing. The basis of my list from this book (pages 646 through 731) were from adress-lists from January 1934 ("Aufbau, Gliederung und Anschriften der HJ", which is essential), and lists from March 1935, August 1937, March 1939 and the list "Handbuch des gesamten Jugendrechts" with addemdums as May 1941. You cannot compile a list when nog having the "Verordnungsblatt der HJ", "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt" and "Reichsbefehle".
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 08-09-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

many thanks, wim - as so often, we're indebted to you for superb insights into what for many is terra incognita!

Comment

Hi David,

Sorry to say that I've never seen this volume before, and the out-of-print bookseller I regularly consult has no listing for this title...so it's quite an open question as to pricing this out. Obviously a rare publication, and one which should attract all of our colleagues who specialize in HJ/DJ/BDM artifacts and history.

Warmest best regards,

Br. James

Comment

I have had mine for many years and used it for the Bann listing in my 2007 book: "Waffenleite Presenting NPEA Daggers of the Third Reich" and it is shown there in color.
                As I remember, I paid $400 for my copy around the year 2000.

Comment

very grateful for this kindness, ron. the book does appear to have generated some interest....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X